HybridZ

Got the Z back!!!!

Poundz9oh9

I went to go talk to the guy who bought my car today, and saw that it was virtually untouched. I was under the impression that they were going to start work on it right away. I got to talking to him and it turns out that his son decided that he wanted to get an SS Camaro instead of fixing up an OLD Datsun...... Long story short he wanted to get rid of it and I didn't have it in me to let him sell it to somebody else...... So he offered to sell it back to me :D ... Needless to say I wrote him a check on the spot and basically gave him his money back. Now with me not going to Cuba afterall, I have my 'work' garage back. I go pick it up Sunday --- wooo hooo!! Wait till you guys see what I've got planned for it :wink: ..

Did alot of thinking when I was Z-less and came up with some good stuff. Nothing that deviates from the previous plan, just some "updates" to it..............

Stay Tuned!!!!!! :D

Good going, I too have been following this one. You won't regret it! I have owned: 4 Datsun Zs (280-280-260-240), 1985 Camaro, 1969 Chevelle, 1994 BMW, 1997 BMW, 1996 Miyata, 1986 RX-7, and from my expierence (just my opinion) you would have regreted it. Welcome Back!

now it is written... you must finish your car!!!

as for donating that short block... up for a trip to new york? no guarantees on it... but i know at least i didn't mess with it. i'd use it myself but a. i'm lazy and b. i like my turbo too much!!! i virtually stole the thing off ebay... come on up and take it!

i remember a certain offer you made to bring my z up when i bought it... i don't forget that kind of thing! :cheers:

Wow! Thanks for the welcome back guys............

Z-rex I might have to take you up on that ..... is the block buildable? I mean, whats the bore and condition presently? I've been up that way a couple times. I picked up a parts car from L.I. and delivered my old L24 to a kid in Maryland....so I'm not past the drive :)

Ok, group hug time :D

kinda thought you'd be into the idea... :wink:

to tell you the truth, i examined the block pretty closely and found no damage. it's painted orange, i think that's the only aspect of the block that's not as untouched as mother teresa's secret garden... :shock: i know it sat in the garage of the guy i picked it up from for years, but i never really tore it apart to find out much. my turbo 240 popped up, project v8z got shelved.

this wasn't a half-started project engine... it's basically as stock as it gets. it currently is in long-term residence in my father-in-law's garage, so no rush whatsoever. i sure bet he'd be glad to see me start getting some of my stuff out of there!!! :evil:

hey i have a reason... i'm off tomorrow for the first time in 7 days! i finally got a little time to spend at my third home!

every side of the z community has helped me out at one time or another, especially from here at hybrid... just my way of giving back i guess.

besides, if something i owned could end up in that car it's a wonderful life! :lol: