HybridZ

Guys You Would Not Believe What I Found In The Scrapyard

slownrusty

I wish I had my digital camera...but anyway I made a trip to the Scrap Yard after work today and was removing a thermostat housing off a 280ZX and when I removed it, the housing was packed with pumpkin seeds!!!

Needless to say it was like that way for a while as the slicone sealer between the thermostat and the housing was very old and I had to use some muscle to remove the housing...

So was someone's mechanic tampering with their customer's car - or was it a jealous girlfriend ex-wife...

In all my 10+ years going to the scrap yard I have NEVER come across this. WOW!

Yasin

So was someone's mechanic tampering with their customer's car - or was it a jealous girlfriend ex-wife...

More likely it was a mouse stockpiling for winter.

I agree if there was an open hose somewhere a mouse could get in there. you'd be amazed where those little shits can get to

God, yeah they can. About 3 years ago I went with a friend to go look at a 70 camaro he saw for sale. Owner said it had been sitting for about 17 years in his back yard, and he knew nothing about cars and it wouldn't start, so he rolled it to the front yard and put a sale sign on it. So we checked oil, antifreeze etc, he said he just replaced all of it prior to trying to start it, all looked good so we tried to crank it.... cranked fine, but no fire? :?: So after much diagnosis under the hood I pull the top of the air cleaner off to find it packed with walnuts from a nearby tree :? emptied em out, fired right up. Whatever put them in there squeezed through like a 3/4in hole, mice and squirrels are like the cockroaches of automobiles.

I agree if there was an open hose somewhere a mouse could get in there. you'd be amazed where those little shits can get to

Yeah, like when the little crappers get inside your air conditioning unit and stock pile sunflower seeds inside of it. I've been scratching my head for a very long time wondering why the heck these sunflower seeds are ending up in my passenger side foot well. After removing the air conditioning unit, I figured it out... little bastards :D I still have no idea how the mice got into the cabin though.

!M!