HybridZ

R200 LSD Swap

DennisK

I have access to a R200 LSD out of an 88' Turbo and want to know if the stub axles and shafts from an open R200 will fit it for my 71' Z. I have the moustache bar, etc., and will be just street driving. I know the CV is stronger but cash and ease of installation are the priorities. Any advice is appreciated.

If the 88' Turbo car that you got your LSD from is WHITE then you will for sure not be able to use your old axles. If it wasnt WHITE then you should be able to use the axles from an open R200 with CV's.

I hope your not one of the guys bidding on that diff. on ebay. That guy will not answer any of my questions. Plus in the pic it doesn show any pinion flange. Trying to get just a pinion flange with out he diff. is a nightmare!

Guy

If the 88' Turbo car that you got your LSD from is WHITE then you will for sure not be able to use your old axles. If it wasnt WHITE then you should be able to use the axles from an open R200 with CV's.

I hope your not one of the guys bidding on that diff. on ebay. That guy will not answer any of my questions. Plus in the pic it doesn show any pinion flange. Trying to get just a pinion flange with out he diff. is a nightmare!

Guy

Yea, I feel the same way. I emailed him for info and he will not answer back. I do have the correct shafts if it is a 88SE, but I just don't like trying my luck with a person that won't respond to a legit question, like a simple "IS THIS A CLUTCH OR VLSD" ?

I doubt he even knows after looking at his feedback. I bid on it, but not no more... even if the shafts are no prob for me....

Guy

actually, the white SS was non-turbo with vlsd. white turbo Z cars had clutch lsd

Guy

actually' date=' the white SS was non-turbo with vlsd. white turbo Z cars had clutch lsd[/quote']

ok just to clear it up a bit, the "88SS" aka "SE" aka "White" aka "Shiro" was a turbo, came only in white with white wheels and recaro's, not every Z31 white in color is a "SS" so if it's an true "SS" it's got a viscous, if it's a late 87-89 turbo reguardless of color it's got a clutch type, if it's N/A it's an open diff

it's got a viscous, if it's a late 87-89 turbo reguardless of color it's got a clutch type, if it's N/A it's an open diff

On Canadian turbo cars not all 87-89 turbos came with clutch type LSD's, it was an option. All the ones I've ever come across in a junk yard up here end up being open diffs. I know of a few clutch LSD's that have come from those cars though. No wonder you US guys have so many of those diffs! I've run across 1 in 5 years up here...