HybridZ

Need some help on the snow shoes for my 70 240z

What things am I going to have to upgrade (suspension wise) to my 70 240z, to be at least a daily driver when it comes to winter (i'm in northern Minnesota) , plus be able to take the old 455 I'm going to drop in it?

Winter is coming soon so HELP!

thanks...

also will the hiccas system from say an r34 have any benifit? Can it /has it been done? How much $ involved?

Nokian Hakkapillita Q's are all you need in the snow...

However, if you drive your 70 240z in the snow (and salt) this winter in northern Minnesota, you'd better start looking for a new car for the 455 transplant, because your 240z will have disintegrated by the end of the snowy season. :shock:

:shock: Uh.. yah.. Im sure your 240 is probly a little rusty to beguin with.. Personally, I'd look for a $100 or so beater for the winter.. You know, something with fi, a 5 speed, and something so boring/ugly it won't be a big deal if you crack it up this winter.

If you're set on driving a Z through the winter, I'd say get FOUR snows.. My pick would be Blizak's, or the knock off brand of them (cheeper, and you don't feel bad tossing them after two seasons!) Oh yah.. a few bags of cat litter in the rear for weight, and to be used as traction when you get stuck.

You have obviously never driven a Z in snow. Its frightening and unpredictable. While I'm sure its been done, its just not safe. I have a 5.0 Mustang, and its much less scary in snow than my stock 260Z was. Again, as others have mentioned, your Z will be essentially gone by spring. I only drove mine because I had no choice for a few days. I definitely would think again before doing anything to accelerate the rust I'm sure your Z already has (not a slam- they all rust). You're going to need all the structural integrity you can get if you plan on putting a high torque 455 into it. A POS beater car is much cheaper than the pain you'll go through.