HybridZ

If you're going to race (legally), take your plate off

CruxGNZ

Effyooseekay Geyeko, they suck anyways. I'd like to know why they would single someone out at a track for, sounds fishy to me, or just some B.S. this guy might be cooking up. :?

I read all 3 pages of the topic. The guy claiming it says that they did drop him from their insurance. I too dont understand why because from what I understand your arent covered anyways when your racing(on a track) or out on a frozen lake. Those 2 things Im pretty sure arent covered for sure. However I will now be pulling my plate when I finally get down to the track! :?

Guy

Right. Insurance does cover HPDE's (High Performance Driving Events) because they are considered driver's training and I'm sure there are other situations insurance might cover under the right circumstances.

What's funny is when I insured my Z through State Farm I particularly told them that I autocrossed the car and then insured it for an agreed value of $15K. Didn't bother them at all...

Guest bastaad525
Right. Insurance does cover HPDE's (High Performance Driving Events) because they are considered driver's training and I'm sure there are other situations insurance might cover under the right circumstances.

What's funny is when I insured my Z through State Farm I particularly told them that I autocrossed the car and then insured it for an agreed value of $15K. Didn't bother them at all...

Jon - how much you paying a month on that, if you don't mind my asking? I need to put some kind of insurance like this on my car as well... at least $7-10k worth, just wondering how much blood I'm gonna have to sell to support that.

Theoretically you should pay the SAME as any other $15K car. Since I haven't been driving my car I got classic car insurance, so I'm currently paying $120/year. I think before that it was $6-700/year. Insurance seems to be cheaper in Seattle than the valley. I would expect probably $1200/year for me if I moved back to LA.

When I first got insurance I went and got an appraisal on the car and then went around to every insurance company I could and tried to get it insured for agreed value. The only ones who would do it were State Farm surprisingly. I showed them the appraisal and gave them a list of what I had done to the car and they submitted it to their underwriters. It was pretty easy.

Of course at the time I signed up for life ins, homeowners ins, and 3 cars with them, so maybe they had a little incentive to deal with me...

i wonder if one of his friends was playing a joke on him?

i would think alot more people would be dropped from their policys after track days and such if insurance co. cared that you were on the track, and like everyone else says the insurance co. wouldnt have to cover if something happend on the track anyway.

Isn't geiko a government subsidized insurance co? I bet they have special restrictions like' date=' "you're paying nearly s*** for this policy, don't get into any accidents, or drive on sundays or you're dropped."

Read the fine print.[/quote']

that, or maby he has not given the whole story, and perhaps he was making insurance claims that the company felt we suspect, and once thewy found out he was racing (and possibly claiming resulting damage) they droped him

GIECO is cheap insurance if they will cover you. In my case they are considerably cheaper than anyone else. When I first bought my Tacoma I had 7 accidents in the first 3 years. None were my fault, but they had to pay out on 2 of them (long story). But even with all that they did not raise my rates.

GIECO also has a history of political activism. They were on a crusade for a while to outlaw radar detectors.

Capitol raceway is within ear shot of my house. I would really like to know how they got the track sign in sheet. Maybe they insure the track?

Isn't geiko a government subsidized insurance co?

Government Employees Insurance COmpany. My parents had them when I was learning to drive. At that time, they charged out the wazoo for teen drivers.

" I bet they have special restrictions like, "you're paying nearly s*** for this policy, don't get into any accidents, or drive on sundays or you're dropped."

Read the fine print.

When I got two tickets and one not-at-fault accident over four years, they dropped me like a hot potato. No warning, no "one more and you're history," or anything. In my opinion, they're a bunch of syphillitic cockroaches. Quote me on that.

With the accident, I was on the phone with them on a daily basis (on the pay phone in the high school cafeteria) trying to get them to pay more than $800 for my Porsche 914. Bastards.