HybridZ

T3\T04e hybrid doesnt fit??

Guest deadmeat

Guest deadmeat

:( ok here goes

1982 280zx turbo

original turbo is bad. purchased new T3T04E hybrid-it dont fit

need spacer? turbine outlet housing hits exhaust manafold.

I'm new to turbo's. I AM a good mechanech-bad speller

all is stock except turbo. I dunno where to go for spacer? I will be searching archives all night if i have to.

realy lost on this one.

m.klingel@comcast.net

also searching zcar.com

Call Alamo Autosports in Tx. You can also get one from a semi truck repair shop. Or just fab it out of 1/2" steel plate frome the scrap yard. Just make sure you flow port both sides (out of mani. and into turbo). I did this by bolting and hand fitting to each mating surface. You will also need copper crush flange on each side of spacer; And they also will need porting . Hope this helps :)

Guest deadmeat

I know I need a spacer. I dunno how thick? I have gaskets. dont wana go too much. comp housing hitting EM. steering shaft close too. too much spacer will make turbo hit steering shaft i think. done nissan for YEARS :) but this is first turbo. bit off too much i think before research(damn rokie)

spacers should be 1/2 inch thick and you'll need to grind away a little off the manifold or make the spacer about 6/8 thick. also you'll need longer studs for the turbo. However this can all be avoided if you swap back on your OEM turbo exhaust .63 a/r housing and grind a little off the manifold.

tbs

Don't panick. It's just a spacer. When customizing cars you need to remain flexible and open minded. "Think" your way around problems. All the research you do can only minimize the challenges; not eliminate them.

Good luck. :D

Good point :!:

I often have to step back and do something else for a bit, then the answer will all of the sudden hit me.

Guest deadmeat

ok so i used my brain.... :roll: and went to my local turbo shop. they had all the parts i needed.... 1 half inch spacer- 2 metal gaskets-for turbo side and em side of spacer- 1 oil feed line adapter so i could use my custom feed line-ss wrapped teflon tubing.

i am using an internal bolt-on type wastegate. adjustible linkage wastegate actuator and "mount where you like" boost controller.

i still need to get a boost guage.

the exhaust is taken care of.

need intercooler-sparco-

also getting sds efi controller. and then mabe a loan on the house to make all this happen :twisted:

still new to turbos but i can turn a wicked wrench

happiness is comming home to a driveway full of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's