HybridZ

New turbo T66

Clifton

Time for the T58 to find a new home. I'm going a little lower on the CR with a thicker MLS head gasket. With this and the h20/meth at hopefully 25 psi on pump gas I should be around 500 at the wheels :twisted: . It's a P trim .70 a/r. Got it cheap, just needed seals.

Heres'a comparison of the compressor wheels. 280ZX wheel, CT26, T66.

Compressorwheels.jpg

T66.jpg

I didn't expect you'd get around to it so soon, wow. That's great. Let us know what you think after it's bolted on. I'm running a similar sized A/R T61. My intake manifold is about ready to be taken over to the welder, just waiting to finish up my 3 1/2" turbo flange lift from my header that wouldn't clear the larger turbo. Should all be bolted together and on the road within a couple weeks.

What machine work are you going to do to prep the surfaces for the MHG? Do you know of a shop near you that can do lapping? Thinking of purchasing the lapping tool from SONiC?

What machine work are you going to do to prep the surfaces for the MHG? Do you know of a shop near you that can do lapping? Thinking of purchasing the lapping tool from SONiC?

I have used MLS HG's on my L28 and they held fine without lapping. I even reused one. I know the 7M has a design flaw though. I had the head surfaced about 1 year ago when I changed the stem seals. The block has been untouched for 180K miles :( . I thought about lapping, but lapping a block in the car would be a pain. I'm just putting it in and bolting it on. The compression might be a little low with the 3mm so if it goes in a year I'll try a 2mm. If you are looking for a Cometic gasket for your 7M or anything, http://paradiseracing.com had the best prices.

With this and the h20/meth at hopefully 25 psi on pump gas

What are you using for the meth/water? Kit, diy? What? I'm doing the same for next summer. I have some ideas on a cheapo progressive controller that controls pump speed off of a map, maf, tps, whatever you want.

Bernard

With this and the h20/meth at hopefully 25 psi on pump gas

What are you using for the meth/water? Kit, diy? What? I'm doing the same for next summer. I have some ideas on a cheapo progressive controller that controls pump speed off of a map, maf, tps, whatever you want.

Bernard

That would be cool. Especially if yo pulled a signal and made it progressive with the maf signal. And maybe had a gain knob aswell.

It's a DIY kit. Kits cost $400. I have a little over $100 in mine with a higher PSI pump. I don't really need a progressive controller. I'm not using it for fuelling. I need it to control knock. With this turbo's trim and a/r full boost will be a little later than it is now. Probably 4K if I'm lucky. I will have enough airflow at the rpms that they will activate so it won't be to much. I have 2 nozzles. I will start with a 5 gpm at 12 psi and a 10 gpm at 18 psi. I have 2 other nozzles, a 3 and 15 gpm if I need to adjust. I have them on solinoids so there won't be a delay either. Having them come on earlier than 15 psi won't help as I can already run 18 on 91 oct.