HybridZ

TwinTurbo L28 on Ebay

240Z Turbo

Don't buy a ridiculously overpriced RB setup that only gets you low 11's when you can buy an L28 Twin turbo that runs 10.6@134 for cheaper. Comes with complete motor/Electromotive fuel managment/piping/intercooler/radiator and best of all it has an oil pan and motor mounts. :wink: Motor is ready to run and priced to move.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7937450340&category=33615&sspagename=WDVW

Look foward to seeing what you'll be fabricating for the RB engine. Bet you have the engine on the stand right now sizing up some SS tubes that will be flowing you into the 9's

Best of luck selling your engine setup, it's quite a piece of craftsmanship.

Look foward to seeing what you'll be fabricating for the RB engine. Bet you have the engine on the stand right now sizing up some SS tubes that will be flowing you into the 9's

Best of luck selling your engine setup' date=' it's quite a piece of craftsmanship.[/quote']

Actually, Joel is in Mobile tonight and will not arrive until the morning. I had to promise I would finish his car 1st before starting on mine. However, that didn't stop me from ordering my JE forged pistons. I am going to run dual plenums on this setup following the Helmholtz(sp :?: ) resonator design. That means to plenums each with 3 cylinders. The 1st 3 cylinders will angle down 30deg off the manifold and into the plenum. With velocity stacks of course. The 2nd 3 cylinders will angle up 30deg off the manifold and into the plenum.

Guest 83supaZ

man i live 2 miles from south georgia motor sports park.. lol.. i can hear the cars from my house.. loved the track.. last time i went was before the circle track was added. when they had the jet cars.. now THAT is speed...

Guest bastaad525

wow nobody bid yet huh??

If I only had a dime for every killer deal like this that has come and gone... I'd have enough to have bought one of them already!

I know cash is king but any chance you would take an 86 svo mustang in trade? hehe

If the stars aligned just right and someone bought the 'stang today then I would "getonitdoggonit" and get myself a new Z motor.. just got my l28et situated and I cant stop thinking about the next build..

Come to think of it I would rather build my own little rats nest of wire, hose, line and piping to call a motor(again)! lol.

Cant argue with the value of either motor being offered atm though thats for sure.

Good luck with the sale.

Sam

I drove down to James house in Tallahassee this past Sat. to drop him my Z so he can start on my stainless manifolds, and I got a ride in his 240z with this motor he's selling.

I have to be honest, it is so impressive, that I can't imagine being able to buy that kind of speed anywhere for the price he's willing to take for that monster twin turbo L-6 set up.

The power comes on so fast and so hard, it's hard to belive that its only a strait 6 under the hood!!

That motor set up would easily smoke my stroker turbo motor set up I just sold for $5,200.

I didn't have what James has in this set up, and I got more than his starting price.

Anyone looking to upgrade to a turbo L-6 for their Z, and has the money to spend, would be a fool not to consider what you get for the price spent.

The motor kicks some serious a$$.... belive this... :twisted:

Guest bastaad525

You guys... are going to push me to commit a serious crime, if you keep offering these insane motors and cars for sale like this. :shock:

I know there's really no point to asking, but... I will ask anyways. What would this motor do to stock stuff? Like the stock Nissan 5 speed? Stock u-joints/drive shaft/half shafts? Stock diff? Stock chassis? I'm gonna guess that none of this stuff would be able to remain stock with this motor?

What kind of clutch did you run with it? How street friendly was said clutch? How street friendly is the power band of the motor itself?

I wonder how much could get for my '91 sentra SE-R........

You guys... are going to push me to commit a serious crime' date=' if you keep offering these insane motors and cars for sale like this. :shock:

I know there's really no point to asking, but... I will ask anyways. What would this motor do to stock stuff? Like the stock Nissan 5 speed? Stock u-joints/drive shaft/half shafts? Stock diff? Stock chassis? I'm gonna guess that none of this stuff would be able to remain stock with this motor?

What kind of clutch did you run with it? How street friendly was said clutch? How street friendly is the power band of the motor itself?

I wonder how much could get for my '91 sentra SE-R........[/quote']

James was running a powerglide - no clutch.

If you have an LSD r200 it will probably be okay for a while. You'll at least want to go with 280zxt cv halfshafts, and a reinforced front mount for the diff. And 280Z stub axles if you don't already have them.

Any of the stock transmissions will not last very long, nor will the clutch. Don't even think about anything from CenterForce - they aren't even close to being able to handle it. There are some options out there, but they are not cheap. Or you could go over to the dark side and put an automatic behind it, like James did. He has a GM/Olds adapter for sale for a reasonable price, too.

Suspension is somewhat open, depending on what you want to do - you probably at least want fresh components/bushings. And you'll definitely NEED some better brakes than stock. Remember, that engine makes more than enough power to put you well past 160mph.

Guest bastaad525

Thank you for bringing me back down to earth :shock::D

Even if I could raise the money for the engine (selling my daily driver) there's no way I could cover the cost for all the other necessary parts to make it work in my car. That'd be a whole new project all over again.

Ah well... I'll just go back to dreaming now.

Any of the stock transmissions will not last very long, nor will the clutch. Don't even think about anything from CenterForce - they aren't even close to being able to handle it. There are some options out there, but they are not cheap.

I guess I should clarify - the transmission options aren't cheap if you want a manual. Some of the GM automatic solutions might not be that bad. Also, the existing viable clutch options are not any more expensive than the CFDF.

You could always knock the boost down a bit until you can afford the rest... :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...