HybridZ

yet another car won't start

6AL has a rev limiter, and it runs ~$180. Check the usual Summit, Jegs, etc. Datsunlover is working on Canadian dollars or something.... :wink:

Why don't you just shift earlier? If you have a stock cam you can't be making power anywhere near 8K like your other post says. With a stock cam most people are pushing to get the thing past 6K. Your other post says you revved it to 8K??? :?

Either your tach is dead or you haven't figured out that shifting at extremely high rpms isn't the fastest way unless you have a REALLY built motor or both.

thats rite, datsunlover is from canada, eh......i forgot the price diffrence, i actually have an automatic, i wasn't driving it, i was just revving it up in the driveway when it decided that it didn't want to limit my rev...i dont do it often-it was just those 2 times that i did that

Does it seem normal that i can rev it that high just sitting there, not moving, and not in gear.

Bah.. you americans and yer cheap prices... buggers... and...Was that a shot? EH?!?!? heh heh.. :lol:

As for the stock cam ..I'll agree on that one. I'd hit 6K rpm once in a while.. but I was making more noise than power at that point.. (Such a beutifull noise though!!) :-D I actually hit about 7k rpm once, cause of a mised shift 2nd to 3d.. :oops: but I'll need the limiter next year as I'm getting my head re-done and puting a cam of some sort in.. havn't decided yet. I found with my stock 280 about 4800-5000 rpm was a good point to shift for the best acceleration...

EDIT; ahh.. well, yah it'll rev to the moon in park/nutral.. but unless the auto is slipping, it shouldn't rev past 6000 or so while driving..

i was always told that if u rev it up in park/neutral that it would eventually limit the RPM's, i guess those ppl were tellin me the rong things....

btw, hows the weather in good ol' canada, its freezing here in Virginia, so i no that its gonna suck up there

btw, with that MSD system, do they also make sumthin where i can tune my shift points on the automatic?

Heh.. -37c yesterday and the day before.. brrrrr...yes it sucks. It sucks BAAADDD. I hate the cold.. now back to Z's..

As for reving.. it'll probly run out of fuel/cam around 7500 and just float there if held to the rug in park.. I don't recomend doing that too often though.. :lol: And the MSD 6AL box is just ignition as far as I know.. I don't know anythng about datsun autos either, sorry man.. don't know what to say.. aside from.. swap in a 5 gear! :)

Got the 280 runnin, i thought about wht u guys were sayin about the control module....disconnected it, then reconnected it(i guess it was a loose connection) then i started it, and the tach jumped to 5K-the engine didn't rev that high, but i guess i made an electrical probelm...but it doesn't do that nemore...it starts EVERYTIME

THANX GUYS, now onto the interier

well last nite i get a frend over, to show her that i finnally got my car road worthy, and i start it up for her, and it doesn't fire..............went back this mornin, and......im outa gas-i really gotta fix my gas gauge :) does nebody no the possible reason y my gas guage doesn't work-is there a main problem that it could b that i could look into, cuz i can't stand not noin how much gas i have....its a pet peeve of mine

Heh.. my guage dies sometimes. Just drops to E.. then I'll rock the car side to side, or hit a bump and it'll come back up. :lol: The first time it died, I took out the sending unit and cleaned it up which 'fixed' it.. for a while. It apears that it's just old and worn out, so I'll be buying a new one soon. May be the same problem in your ZX.. although I don't know how hard it'll be to get to it.. (is there a round panel in the floor of the hatch? I can't remember.. it's been a few years since I had a ZX)

the funniest thing about all this stuff is-so far i haven't had ne "engine" related problems, its just things that work with the engine, not the engine itself such as new injectors, new injector wires, used FPR, used head temperature sensor, another used FPR, and prolly one more FPR

But when i look at the engine, compression is fine, oil pressure is great, i haven't had a chance to change my oil yet, but the oil level has been the same ever since i got the car 6 months ago, and its been running awesome since then-after the car finnally started 3 months ago

Well, this weekend-Xmas at the parents house, reinstall old FPR, mayb fix the gas gauge, and do an oil change

btw, when i take out the fuel sending unit, to "fix " it, do i hafta drain the gas out, or is there alot of gas that will spill everywhere, my parents r gettin quite pissed off about me spillin gas everywhere when i hafta do sumthin to the car :) -thats y replacing the FPR is gonna b "fun" this weeknd