HybridZ

Intercooler is done and in the Z!

wigenOut-S30

My intercooler is in and in the Z. I have about a 1 lb of pressure drop. Not too bad at all. I do notice a wistle sound.. just wondering If I have a slight boost leak or something. It feels like it picked up some HP but I really feel it on the top end for some reason. At anyrate here are some pics.. I am sure I will be tweeking it alittle more..

8527DSC00107-med.JPG

8527DSC00106-med.JPG

8527DSC00105-med.JPG

8527DSC00103-med.JPG

Looks great! What sort of ecu/air flow sensor are you using? I'm guessing that you have a MAP sensor and not a MAF or AFM. Figuring out where to put my MAF and air filter without cutting the rad cradle is the main reason I have been putting off getting a intercooler. I'm intriqued to hear that you feel it alot more in the top end as my power band seems to taper off at about 80 to 90mph on 9psi of hot air on the stock T3

Guest bastaad525

What are you using to adapt the large opening of the afm to so small an inlet as on the stock T3? Just a regular silicone reducer?

Arent there any problems with having the AFM that close to the turbo/exhaust?

Aren't you having any problems running stock EFI with the BOV being open to atmosphere? How would you recirculate it if you needed to?

What are you using to adapt the large opening of the afm to so small an inlet as on the stock T3? Just a regular silicone reducer?

Arent there any problems with having the AFM that close to the turbo/exhaust?

Aren't you having any problems running stock EFI with the BOV being open to atmosphere? How would you recirculate it if you needed to?

I am useing the stock turbo reducer cut down abit right now. I am going to get a silicone reducer if I can find one that goes from 2" to 3".. I have no problems with the AFM beign that close. the manifold is jet hot coated as well as I have a heat sheild there now. as far as having the BOV vented to atmosphere. There is a slight rich condition between shifts but nothing real bad. I do plan on recirculating it soon though. I am a idea about how I can do it..

Sweet install! Boy do I love that green! I had a 72 Alfa Romeo in British racing green with a base coat of rusty metal once. I love that color on your Z. What did you coat the I/C pipes with? With that air filter there I guess you don't have an A/C compressor do you?