HybridZ

Arizonazcar clutch? Anyone using this? Should I or should I not get a lightened flywh

pjo046

Hi!

I was thinking of buying the clutch that is being sold at arizonazcar.com, as it is very reasonably priced. But I wonder how much this clutch can take? If I achieve say 350hp on the wheels, can this clutch take it? And is it a good, smooth clutch to use? I won't be dragracing my car or anything, only drags I'll pull will be when I stand waiting for the green light in the streets. :-)

Also, in another post of mine someone said to me that there was no need for me to get a lightweight flywheel considering my goals for this engine. (I was hoping to reach 400 at the wheels, but I think I should be satisfied with 350 at the wheels, since the T5 probably can't hold more anyway. Or can it? If I don't drag race it?) A lightweight flywheel would be good under any conditions though wouldn't it? Or isn't it worth the money? What's better, using the money on a lightweight flywheel, or using that money to upgrade the watercooled T3/T40E I'm buying to have ballbearings?

It's an good OE replacement clutch but it won't hold 350hp.

Weight is weight. I personaly like light flywheels. I wouldn't bother with a ball bearing turbo. Just adds an unecessary expense. If you feel like you must have BB I would spend the extra money and just get a GT35R. That would be a much better turbo than a T3/4E.

I have a 10lb Fidanza for both my cars. I like the way the engine behaves with them. However, if you're going to get a light flywheel, I would get one with a replaceable surface area. That way if you're using an harsh clutch that wears it down quickly, you don't lose your money if can't be turned. I have no complaints with AZZ, Dave is a good guy, but his lightened flywheel is just as expensive as a Fidanza, and it doesn't have a replaceable surface.

PS - Tim Ogburn (TimO) is a Fidanza dealer. Do a search on his username for contact info.

if you are having issues with wheelspin off the line, then a lightened flywheel will help you out some.

I personally only use custom clutches. My clutch right now is a metallic sprung 4 puck with stock PP, and it holds wonderfully. 18psi from a t3/t4 57 trim.

No dyno yet, but Im hoping for 350whp/400wtq.