HybridZ

4x4 Lsd

MaTTSuN

some nissan 4x4 have the r200 rite? and some have lsd? do these rear ends fit the same was as our Z rear ends? if so how come more people dont get them from the scrap yard? ive did a search and nothing came up, just wondering if anyone has done this?

Just for kicks I tried to search and didn't come up with anything, so here's a short answer.

I don't know about the R200 in the front of the trucks, but the earlier trucks (mid 80's) have R180's in them and they have really low ratios like 4.11 and 4.36. None are LSD AFAIK.

To my knowlege, no Nissan trucks came with a LSD in the front (IFS), BUT some pathfinders and trucks did have a rear LSD as an option/upgrade. It is a solid axle, but I'm curious now if the lsd unit would be workable in a Z car R200..

I have a 93 king cab 4x4 and Im guessing I have the 4:11 (not LSD.. :( ) as I can turn 31" tires no prob.. actually burn them on dry pavement! And cruising at 100K I only turn about 2400 rpm. My boss has a 94 pathy and the diff case actually still has the sticker on it saying; "Use only LSD oil". I may change the diff fluid next week in my 4x4, so I'll try to get some measurments or something to see if it's close to the Z diff.. I know of a few scrap trucks around... if for nothing else, it'd be cheep4:11 gears! :-D

Well yah, I supose the same unit as the factory used in the rear could be (in theory) droped in the front.. Like I said, (as far as I know..) the front diff is 'open' from the factory.. but it is concievable in some markets they (nissan) may have instaled one.. ??? I can't see why there would be a 'front' or 'rear' designation though (as far as LDS anyway) so now I'm confuesd... :lol:

I really doubt that the rears would fit in. I have heard of some of the Xterra folk using the 87-89 R200 lsd from the 300zx in their front diff. case. or get the new ones such as from the site that is already posted. This would suggest that they can't use rear ones for the front or they would, and also suggest that the new 4x4 front lsd units they sale may fit in the 300zx r200 case.

Well the rear Comp LSD for a R180 fits in a front 180 out of a truck, because the 180 in the front of a truck is the same diff, just mounted backwards in the truck. Even if the R200 in the truck is a short nose, I'm sure just like the 240SX short nose stuff crosses over (except VLSD, right?).

Maybe get a part number from the CalMini guys and cross reference with Nissan. If it's a Nissan part should have a Nissan part number, right?