HybridZ

Were you at the MSA get together

Tony240ZT

I just got back from the show. Lots of great cars, got some good pictures. I didn't get there until around noon and wasn't too active. Took my `73 240Z piece with the L24ET, which ran really strong. Saw lots of v8 hybrids, no RB engine swaps though. There was a Skyline with a RB26DETT, and a Silvia converted 240SX. Let me know if you saw my car. I'll post a picture below. It had a grey primered hood.

73z.jpg

A white Z32, red Z32, and a maroon Z31 all headed north with me on I5. Hopefully next year I'll have my `72 all together so I won't feel like I have such an ugly duckling.

Guest bang847

Hey Sorry I missed you guys.. I was stuck in mountain traffic.. by the time i got the MSA it was almost 4.... fortunately I got to meet Owen.. Thanks for all the stuff dude... I can't believe I missed you guys at the resturant... I got stuck with a purist... man... it was my first time at MSA and first time meeting a "hardcore purist" he went on and on about how he can burn a V8... I mean his car was respectable and all but... twak.gif

Now I know what you guys are talking about..

he got mad when i asked about a V8 and he got mad when i asked about turbos...

Again.. I totally wish I got there earlier!!! cry2.gif

Yep, I was there too. It was a great turnout, only it would have been nice to have a bigger collection from the HybridZ stable, but I think that next year we will have a huge showing. A bunch of us met afterwards for a couple of drinks, an d all in all it was a nice day.

I think that next year we need to have our (HybridZ) colective SH!T together so that we can have a formidable showing.

Tim

I was there at 8am for the line up (which was a LONG line) and stuck around until almost 2pm....was great to finally meet the guys and see a few of them again (Pete, John, Tim, Yuichi, Ron, Owen, Dave, Mike Dennis, Mike Kelley, and a whole bunch of others....sorry I suck at names frown.gif ). It was a great show and I look forward to the next meet, hopefully I will be able to clean up my car a bit more for the next one, but I made it home with no problems at all and got 23mpg! And thanks to Pete my electrical system problems were solved and my gauges all worked correctly all the way home.

Until next time.....

AL 2thumbs.gif

Bang, I was looking all over the show for you man smile.gif ... just kidding ... We got there at around noon and left right after the show. I met Owen, Tim, Pete, Mark (very nice conversion), and Miles. Hopefully, I'll have my car there next year. ;)

Huy

It was great to meet some of the Hybriders at the MSA show this weekend. I had my blue turbo 240 parked between two Ford V8 swaps.

Tony-You and I had talked about the 300ZXT EFI conversion a few months back and I had the EFI in the car this weekend. Did you get a chance to take a look at the car?

Great show, I was very happy to be able to meet you guys there. I can not say for sure but I believe that I got to meet all the HybridZ guys who made it to the show.

I was so hyped over all the amazing cars in particular the ones with double or more than stock hp for a Z, I found that on my drive back down to San Diego I was in triple digits nearly all the way (and I did not see a single cop). I love driving a car thats got balls.

Dragonfly

Tony where were you? I didn't see you. I was at the hybridz spot. What happen to everyone else that was suppost to be by the hybridz spot. There was only John's car (jumbo240Z) & Dave's. I got to meet Owen, tim240z and jeffp but that's about it. No one else introduced them selves. Oh I met Mike Kelly also but he was some other spot.

p1110157.jpg

Pretty good member turnout considering it was last minute. I can't put names to faces or cars together either. I'll post my pics later and ask who's car was who's.

Tony good pix man, mind if I use some on my website? I have a habit of only taking pix of cars I'm stealing ideas from smile.gif

Owen

This tire monster looks extra goodly:

MVC-430F.JPG

I think the chances of me ever driving my Z to Cali are pretty much not. Which is a shame. Cali gets all the snarfty car events. My friend in LA is constantly talking about the various swaps/shows that he can choose from most any weekend....

This tire monster looks extra goodly:

Yeah Man!! 2thumbs.gif

That picture doesn't even do it justice. That thing is sweet and has all kinds of rubber/road contact patch....definitely one of my absolute favourites at the show!! cheers.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Tim

Guest Anonymous

Tony, Awesome pics. I will hopefully be there next year, I was not able to go to Cali from New Mexico. I am in the middle of finals and just last week found a JOB!! :D Now I will be able to have $$ to finish the turbo project. Good Luck and hope all of you guys who travelled ANY distance make it home safely!!!

Mark

I was there in the long line at 8:00am with my buddy in the silver 280ZX. We caravaned with 3 280ZX's all with whale tails, a 280Z and a Z32. This was my first MSA show and I had a great time. Next time I'm gonna try and get some sleep the night before. We didn't sleep at all and by the time we got to LA we were up for 30 hours. Not fun at all.

Guest Anonymous

My first MSA... Loved it. Enjoyed chatting with everyone I had the opportunity to chat with (you know who you are).

Saw some really nice Zs too.

Jon

Hi, everyone.

Vincent Hudson and I drove down in his "Purple Candy" Tomahawk Z Friday night and hung around the show events all weekend, eventually hauling back up I-5 to the SF Bay Area Monday morning at full throttle.

Did any of you get a chance to check out the 3 Tomahawks at the show? btw, the black and the silver one won 1st and 2nd place awards at the Knotts Kit car show the weekend prior. The owners actually drove home last week from that LA car show and then drove back down again the next weekend to attend MSA for one day before driving all the way back home the evening of the show! Wow, really dedicated car enthusiasts, I'd say. 1000 mile round trip each time and in a topless convertible as well!

Many online personalities came up and introduced themselves to me while I was shooting at the event. Tim240Z and Owen both spotted me doing my thing and introduced themselvesl when they figured out who I was. Got a nice shot of both of them in front of the newest 4x4 V8 Z to hit the show.

DCP_3426.jpg

Many have asked when my photos will be posted. Unlike many others, I do not do straight image dumps to my server of all images that I take at an event. I took over 320 photos, but intend to cull the total down below 100 before I post them up for viewing, a process that may take me over a week to complete. Hopefully many will find the wait worthwhile.

In keeping with the ZPARTS theme of my site, most of the shots I took were of customized parts on the cars. However, Mike, manager of Pierre's body shop, set up an after show mini photo shoot of his 2 show cars with me that netted some good record shots as well as several "cool" shots. Stay tuned. I think you'll love some of them.

Anyway, it was a "wrap" by 5:30 pm, Pierre's crew drove off in the 4 cars they had at the show, Sal, of MSA, brought me out a nice cold soda as he locked up the store and only the tear down crews and my sun burnt legs were present on the premises. Everyone else was gone and the year 2002 show was history.

Although not a photo that says "Car Show", I'd like to share one image I took early in the morning as all the cars were waiting in line to enter the show area under the gray LA overcast, that I have already grown attached to. Click on the link below for a larger view and tell me what you do or do not like about it. It's kind of subtle but timeless, IMO.

DCP_3288rw1b.jpg

Larger View

Eric Neyerlin - ZPARTS.COM