HybridZ

stock fit 15x7's

ok I talked myself out of doing the 5 lug conversion, but I gotta get some 15x7 wheels for next year, I don't want steelies! so anyone running a 15x7 with stock bolt circle and offset "put em on the glass" if possible post a pic, where you got them, how much they cost and weight if you have any idea

the pannasports are nice but pricey, same for revolutions, centerlines don't offer any styles that I find to be just right for my z and they are a bit heavy

well, the AR retro slots seem pretty cool but not yet released and we can only assume they will come in our fitment as nothing they currently offer from any of their 5 wheel brands will fit, auxilary, I totally dig your ronals, just what I am looking for but it looks like they have been discontinued and now offered only in 17" diameters :( anyone else running a 15x7 stock bolt circle/offset

Guest Phil1934

How about 15x6.5 300ZX wheels? I had to put van studs in front and racing studs in back and a pair of 1/4" spacers on both. Front spacers had to be reamed slightly to clear the hub and the front really could have been 3/4" spacer as I am restricted to an F70 so grabbing the 300 hubs would be a good idea. I trial fit it with the junk 225/60 tires but will get a pic with the M/T F70 and G60 in a week or so. I want to polish them up before mounting.

I used to run 5 spoke Prime style 228 in 15x7, they were 2 piece with a spun outer rim and a machined mounting face. Quite light at that time. They may also have been sold as Elite wheels. I think that they were +4mm offset. I got mine through Dave at ArizonaZcar (about 15 years ago..)God - I've had my current Z for 15 years now. My buddy has some 15X7 Fitti's (5-spoke)coming off of his 240 this winter, upgrading to 17x7.5. They are available, but are in Ontario, Canada.

Aux - That is some serious Old-School Drool. Very nice.

Doug

my car sees mostly autocross, a bit of street and a bit of drag, so multiple wheel sets is just kinda what I have to deal with, the Z31 wheel needs a spacer, I am not into spacers, I know a lot of people use them with no issue but I perfer stay away from them not to mention I prefer the look of a zero offset wheel as opposed to the tuners positive offset in most modern wheels

Try Volk racing TE37's. They have them in 15x7 with a 0 offset and in the 4x114.3 pattern. They are pricey but only weigh 9.2 pounds.I have seen them on a few different sites for $308. Not cheap but not much more than Panasports, revolutions or other common classic z wheels (less than new Watanabe's) and they are lighter and stronger (forged). They come in white or bronze.

On the cheaper side and just under 16 LBS (I think) are the Konig Rewinds in the correct bolt pattern and a o offset. They look like panasports only cost aroung $525 a set. I have seen them advertised on zcar.com in the classifieds under wheels. http://www.zcar.com/classifieds/index.php?method=showdetails&list=advertisement&rollid=20313&fromfromlist=classifiedscategory&fromfrommethod=showhtmllist&fromfromid=37&

How about a 15x7in zero offset konig rewind? they look just about as close to a watanabe as the real thing.. This guy is special ordering them.. I would LOVE to have them if I wasnt going to 5 lug.. Here is his name and numbers along with a pic..

20313.jpg

Techno Toy Tuning

530-626-7334

Or e-mail at ggtyler@yahoo.com

How about a 15x7in zero offset konig rewind? they look just about as close to a watanabe as the real thing.. This guy is special ordering them.. I would LOVE to have them if I wasnt going to 5 lug.. Here is his name and numbers along with a pic..

I just sent that guy an email. His site only has the 14x7s in silver... but the price is killer. $325 for the set.

You could look for a set of wheels from a '68-ish Mustang (4 on 4.5" bolt circle' date=' zero offset). I found a set of Centerlines, 15 x 7" for one of my cars in the local Buy-n-Sell for $150, new in the boxes. I've got a set of 4-lug Enkie alloys (15 x 7", zero offset) that I have autocross tires on and I replaced the center caps with stock '82-83 280ZX non-turbo center caps (Z logo) that happen to fit perfectly.

Just don't tell the vintage Mustang guys that the wheels fit Zcars, it's bad for the supply/demand effect. DAW[/quote']

am i mistaken in thinking that first gens have a 4 x 114.3 (= 4 x 4.25) bolt pattern?