HybridZ

Trust Twin Turbo Kit...

S30TRBO

And to think I thought I had the only one.

This one ends up on EBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7945759914&category=33742

These are coming out of the wood works. I have almost the exact same kit. However mine will be for sale soon as I'm going RB .. :)

http://240ztt.com/zfuture.html

I am selling this kit because I have several different turbo kits from japan. I don't plan to use it so I put it up for sale. I have test fitted it on my z and it fits, but I think fabricating the down pipe will be the greatest task. Remeber several styles of these kits were manufactured in Japan, yes this is an orginal. Some will not fit, due to the lenght of the runners or other reasons, however this one can. I have several books that provide information about these kits, so knowledge in hand is better than speculating. Well, I hope this will clear up the rumor. Thanks Guys

I am selling this kit because I have several different turbo kits from japan. I don't plan to use it so I put it up for sale. I have test fitted it on my z and it fits, but I think fabricating the down pipe will be the greatest task. Remeber several styles of these kits were manufactured in Japan, yes this is an orginal. Some will not fit, due to the lenght of the runners or other reasons, however this one can. I have several books that provide information about these kits, so knowledge in hand is better than speculating. Well, I hope this will clear up the rumor. Thanks Guys

That is the same problem I ran into with mine. Manifold fits but the front turbos downpipe has no where to go because of the steering shaft. Well I hope yours sells, mine will be up on there shortly after. You don't happen to have any scanned copies of that book that you can send me? I'm interested in what it looked like in a Z, in Japan back in the day.

I wonder why the Wastegate has a braided line going to it?

It's a teflon-lined braided hose. They have a higher heat rating (~450°F IIRC) than the regular stuff. Don't know how it compares to silicone vacuum line, but if you want an AN-style connection that's the stuff to use. I'd probably still add a firesleeve given the proximity to the exhaust - you really don't want that line to fail.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering the kit would fit onto a 280 turbo motor with a 240 head in a Left hand drive 260z. And which kit is the best to get as far as flow and spool. Thanks

Kris~

Kris,

I have it mounted on a 280ZX Turbo engine now. The only issue may be the clearance with the front turbo's downpipe and the steering rack. I bought my kit from Japan but never installed it in my Z since I'm going with another motor setup. You would also want to use the P90 head from the turbo engine as the E31/E88 (240Z) is for a n/a configuration. From what I hear when tuned right you can make 350-400hp quite easy.

I will be listing mine on Ebay in a few days and won't be asking much. It might be something to consider if you have some fabrication skills or know someone who does. Just a thought..

Guest JAMIE T

If someone could prove to me it fit a LHD Z car, I'd buy it right now. I have the masochistic side of me that wants to do a blow-thru mikuni's set-up on a Zcar real bad.