HybridZ

Has anyone ever put a R32 GTR diff in a 240Z

S15 200sx owner

I am not sure what year the R32 is but I have one of the Arizona Zcar LSD diffs. I was told it was out of a late model Skyline with aprox 20-30K miles on it. It is an R200 with 4:38 gears and it bolted right into my `71 240 (replaced an R200 4:11 from a 200sx). Used the same axel flanges and all.

Is'nt the R32 diff a short nose? That is short from front to back compared with the original Z long nose. Different mounts, at the front anyway, not a bolt in job.

Any of you Aussie or Kiwi guys know if this R32 GTR diff is a short-nose and if so is this a major problem to fit or not, i have a feeling that the GTR diff also runs CV (instead of Uj's) for input and output stubs....?????

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

The R32 - R34 Diffs Use Cv Axles..... They Are Also The Same Size As A 240sx Diff So Its A Short Nose Diff. I Know This Because When I Was Building My Rb20det 240sx I Tried Different Skyline Diffs To Get The Best Results Because It Was A Direct Bolt In Affair.

Some of the US/Canadian 240SX diffs were LSD's (short nose R200) but were all of the "viscous" type - sometimes referred to as VLSD's.

The "long-nose" version of the R200 LSD's found in the 87-88 Z31 Turbo & NA V6 S12's (200SX in North America) used a clutch pack type LSD unit. These were the ONLY clutch type LSD's that Datsun/Nissan ever sent to North America installed in cars. This center section can be removed and installed in the 240SX "short-nose" R200 to replace the VLSD unit. Then, voila, you have an R32 Skyline diff!!

The R32's used a "short-nose" R200 with clutch type LSD.

Nissan Competition also sells replacement "beefier" LSD clutch packs to retrofit these R200's (either short or long nose) but they are almost as expensive as a Quaife, Kaaz, etc.