HybridZ

Lt1 240sx

Spent a lot of time staring at a 240sx on a rack putting in a rear subframe, and they are STRONG. Out loud I said "Wow, its just like a Z, except its a whole lot stronger and newer, and the stock rear setup on a early Z can take a lot of pain, this 240sx can take a bit more." Basically a full frame car from bumper support to bumper support, 6 link double A arm rear suspension and a good IRS and CV setup. Working on picking one up this week. I know there is no JTR conversion for this one but was hoping there was anyone in this world thats done it so I could take notes. Im looking to do an Lt1 t56. I just picked up a Lt1 longblock with accesories and harness and 4l60e ( probably selling the tranny to help pay for a 6speed) for a steal, and would like to get this project rolling in the next few months. Going for 300rwhp probably 400lbs with drag radials and 4.08 gearing, hopefully someone knew somebody thats done it.

Guest tobias86

I would like to see some pics of this conversion if anyone out there has it and would. I have never heard of this conversion. Also what year models would it work on.

Yo Guys, check this out.......

CHEVY

V8-240sx conversion. 1989~1993 ONLY! 1994 AND NEWER CALL OR E-MAIL

Kit includes

Custom frame mounts & GM motor mounts (Gen –1 only)……………………….$350

Trans cross member (700-R4)……………………………………………………….$150

Custom oil pan…………………………………………………………...…………….$250

Drive Shaft (cut & balanced wGM yoke 700-R4 and Nissan pinion carrier) …$450

Nuts bolts hardware, and instructions.

Not in the Kit but recommended*

B&M Pro-Stick: (***optional but highly recommended***)…………………………….$179 ~ $229 Summit, Jegs etc.

Headers: (tight tube, block hugger) (**optional but recommended**)………………….$109 ~ $150 (std. black painted)

NOTE!!! I WILL NEED THE BLOCK CASTING NUMBER!!! LOCATED, AT THE REAR TOP OF THE BLOCK. THIS IS FOR THE PROPER OILPAN DIP STICK LOCATION. (PASS or DRIVER SIDE)

*NOTE*

Custom frame mounts & motor mounts for LT-1 & LS-1 EXTRA (Call or E-mail)

Trans cross member are designed for 700-R4 trans *only* Use any other GM trans, (i.e.). TH-350, TH-375, TH-400, 2004R, MANUAL, (long tail TH-400’s) (Call or E-mail)

Drive Shaft are for 700-R4 trans *only* Use any other GM trans, (i.e.). TH-350, TH-375, (TH-400 requires a different yoke), 2004R, MANUAL, (long tail TH-400’s) (Call or E-mail)

10% Price discount on 2 complete V8 Kits

15% Price discount on 3 ~ 4 complete V8 Kits

20% Price discount on 5 ~ 10 complete V8 Kits

Over 10 complete V8 Kits (CALL)

Payment Via: PayPal (**preferred**)

Western Union. E-Mail to confirm.

……………………………………………………

Thanks

Darius Stewart

D.S.C. Custom V8 Conversions

Phone: (313) 570-4214

E-mail: V8-240sx@comcast.net

AWESOME!!!!

I emailed the address posted about three hours ago while doing a search on the conversion, I didnt know that it was that easy! If I remember right, all chevy trans are same mounting bushing, and at the most a manual transmission will require either putting the xmember back or forward a bit?

Thanx guys, now to find that 6speed.

AWESOME!!!!

I emailed the address posted about three hours ago while doing a search on the conversion' date=' I didnt know that it was that easy! If I remember right, all chevy trans are same mounting bushing, and at the most a manual transmission will require either putting the xmember back or forward a bit?

Thanx guys, now to find that 6speed.[/quote']

Oh could you send me photos as well?

leonard16888@yahoo.com

thanx.

Im amped about this one, two friends of mine with 240sx's will also be converting their cars out to v8 as well. FUN..

I've seen a few 240sx swaps, and the only thing holding ME back from doing something like that is that I'd be a bugger to get past emisions testing here.. Anything 20 years or older is exempt, which is one of the reasons I bouhgt a 75 280z.. its also why I hesitate to mod my 93 king cab.. Cool that theres actually a 'drop in' kit though..

Just saw photos and they look pretty dang good with a v8, although his taste in wheels paint and just about everything else looks pretty off to me. I think he wants a lot for his parts though. I would love to check out the motor brackets, the rest of the stuff I will just make.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest reborndomestic

i am new here and i know this thread is old but i just bought a 93 240sx coupe to do a lt1 swap .i already have the lt1 and tranny i am going with the 4l60e because i have heard that the t-56 is to large i am a nissan and pontiac maniac.i am pulling the lt1 and tranny from my 96 formula i already have so i can build my 240sx the formula is getting a 396 strocker and a t-56 built for it as we speak.but if the person with the pics still has them please send them to my email wich is reborndomestic@yahoo.com

thanks and i will let you guys know on the progress as it goes on.

later

todd