HybridZ

Blockhugger headers

WHP

I used dynomax block huggers. Orignally, with alsil's mount they were fine. Because of the GT-40 intake I had to lower the engine about an inch or so and that made the header flanges hit on the tension rod mounts. Not sure if anyone else had that problem. I just cut the end off, welded a piece of 90 degree pipe, rewelded the flange on and here is what it looks like.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=1113&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Hopefully, there will be no need to do what I had to.

I used Flow Tech ceramic coated 1 5/8th blockhuggers on the previous car with 383 stroker/ T56 combo and I ran 10:98s in the quarter. I'm not 100% convinced that block huggers are going to lose THAT MUCH power when compared to our other header options currently available. Biggest issue we have is LACK of space, and these S&S headers are a compromise, even though they have longer 1 3/4 primaries... To get the right flow characteristics, ground clearance, and fitment within the engine bay, I'm not sure we'll be able to get there from here... Which is why I haven't sold Jim's ultra expensive Sanderson 1 3/4 block huggers yet! We may end up running them on his Project car when all is said and done, and unloading the NEW S&S headers I ordered for it last week...

Time (And Money) will tell!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I was looking at Sanderson SBF 64-68 Mustang headers. They may be worth the shipping costs to try? At least they angle toward the rear instead of putting a 90 degree elbow at the end of the collector. Anybody tried a trial fit with them?

Will

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I bought some el-cheapos for $51 off Ebay. I'm only using one of them because I have a turbo manifold mounted on the other side. They came with all hardware, gaskets, and collectors. Can't beat the price.

Guest tony78_280z

If I had to do it again. . . Summit has $99.00. even with shipping I'd have saved alot of money. I currently have S&S Headers from zcarparts.com.