HybridZ

Darius Crashed Last Month on his Bike

R0N

Sorry don't have the details but a friend of mine who use to race with him a couple of years ago told me he crashed last month. He has broken arms and legs. I believe he's still in the hospital.

frown.gif Hope he makes a full recovery soon.

Hope the dude is alright. Yeah, bike crashes suck! Believe me on this one. I almost died from a surgery gone bad as a result of my accident. You just never know. Live life to the fullest guy's (gal's?), you never know when the big guy in the sky will take ya...

!M!

For you guy's that don't know who Darius is... He's the guy that is known for his 4th gear burn outs and for beating a R1 Bike with his 240Z. He's also known for his crazy bike stunts.

The reason I posted this because he's highly spoken of in the Z forums other wise I wouldn't have post this because I don't know him.

Confirmed:

attachment.php?postid=31849

attachment.php?postid=31853

attachment.php?postid=31852

attachment.php?postid=31851

post from sfbreaks board (darius himself)

sometimes when i would be riding my bike doing like 90 mph i would look at the ground and think what it would be like to hit the ground at that speed, now i know. i was doing a wheelie 3 rd gear 85-90 when i decided to jump to the tank, i have done this many times, but this time was diffrent, i have been doing a lot of donuts lately and dropped my bike many times which broke off both my pegs, when i went to jump to the tank my left foot slipped off and caused me too put too much wieght on one side of the bike, the bike dipped hard to the right, when i tried to compensate for it, it shot left coming off the ground both wheels 2 feet in the air and landing at 90 degrees, i flew off the bike very fast and tumbled for about 200 feet, going from the fast lane to the slow lane, i got up and ran to the shoulder in shock cause it all happened so fast, i got in my girls car and went to the hospital, i got road rash on my hands, back,elbows,forearm, knees,but not to bad cause i didnt really slide just tumbled, i dislocated my wrist really bad and broke a bone in it, got 2 pins that will come out and 1 screw that will stay in for good, i broke a bone in my foot because my shoe came off as i tumbled, got some pins in the foot too, doctors say 3 months for the wrist, 2 months for the foot, it will take a while for the wrist probably 6 months to a year to be about 50 to 80% but i think i will be riding in about 4 months, sucks!!!!!! i got some advice for you all, wear good shoes, high tops at minimum, something that laces up tight, i could be walking right now but instead i am in a whelchair, dont wear dirtbike gloves, mine tore to shreds and i got rash on all my fingers and knuckles, i was wearing my leather jacket that helped a lot but it still wasnt a good one, anyway ride safe everybody will crash you just got to be prepared as best you can, i got it all on tape,it was kinda hard for me to watch, but i can see what went wrong, i will put it at the end of my movie which i hope to have out in a couple months, i am typing with one hand , this **** took me like a hour, thanks to everybody who came to came to see me in the hospital and posted anything for me, illl be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"i got some advice for you all, wear good shoes, high tops at minimum, something that laces up tight, i could be walking right now but instead i am in a whelchair, dont wear dirtbike gloves, mine tore to shreds and i got rash on all my fingers and knuckles, i was wearing my leather jacket that helped a lot but it still wasnt a good one, anyway ride safe everybody will crash you just got to be prepared as best you can"
confused2.gif Hey guys you have it from Darius. Its ok to act like an ass on a bike if you wear the right protection. confused2.gif

"i got it all on tape,it was kinda hard for me to watch, but i can see what went wrong, i will put it at the end of my movie which i hope to have out in a couple months"
confused2.gif Hey guys, stay tuned for the video titled "Watch me crash so you can all go out and do it JUST LIKE ME" confused2.gif

Guest Drewz

If I want to put myself in danger that is my decision but when someone else is my responsibility...........I am not trashing him just pointing out that if she died would he ever forgive himself???? Hope all goes well for you Darius. Another learning experience for the books eh?? frown.gif

As some of you know, I bought another bike recently and I've been hanging out on Sportbikes.net. This type of stuff goes on over there ALL the time. People are stupid when it comes to bikes... I hadn't ridden in a while, so the first thing I did was get the right gear. Second thing I did was AVOID all the idiots out riding in large groups, stunt riding, and showing off. Last Saturday ALONE there was a 5 BIKE pileup accident up on Rt 211 in Sperryville, which is very mountainous and very curvey... Idiots with tons of cash, and NO BRAINS...

Learn to ride, then learn who to ride with...

Darius is VERY lucky to be alive, and the pics sicken me...

Mike Kelly

Guest kc6wfs

After having a compound fracture of my left Tib-Fib, 15 years ago from being on the back of a Ninja and being hit buy a friend on Muholland hwy!!!! The only bike i'll get on is a Harley (not in city traffic) or my mountain bike in the dirt.

Speed bikes are not for me anymore.... :(

Dave

cheers.gif

My friend just told me today he was doing wheelies on his wheel chair and fell back and broke something else, I forgot what he broke. He had to make another trip to the hospital. It didn't happen today more like a week or 2 ago.

Guest kc6wfs

Oh Darius,

I do hope you have a full recovery..

I did, took some time 14 months -1/4-1/2 on the left Tib but no limp!!!.. smile.gif

GL and keep it safe!!!! Get the right stuff for the street!!!

Dave

cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

Damn that sucks. I'm considering on getting into bikes. Cheap speed is a big attraction and so I'm signing up for the MSF this summer. Stuff like this really reminds us what we are really playing with when we play with fast toys.

Guest bang847

Dude.... Glad he is ok now...

talk about being addicted to speed!!!

hey darius if your reading this maybe it is time to lay off on the crotch rockets a bit and go back to the Z!

4th gear burn outs, every bike known, 2 wheel go-pedding, wheelchair tricks, go-kart burn outs.....

someone needs to get a restraining order on daruis from getting near a internal combustion engine!!

I got all this dude's videos, he should consider being a superhero instead of asphalt psycho!!

Also AUX, where did you get them photos? and do you know where to get the videos too? I need to show my crazy bike buddy too..

I considered myself a better than average rider (GSXR-750), until I took a superbike advanced riding school at the local GP race track, put on by BMW-SA.

Well after doing about 30 to 40 HOT laps and getting very confident and thinking I was HOT $h1t on my well tuned road bike, the instructors came passed me, on the outside (read off line) of the corner on their BMW dual purpose (Paris Dakkar type) bikes. Very humbling!!!

But, to the point, I learned more in those few hours than I could EVER learn through road experience..PERIOD!!

If you plan to ride a crotch rocket, and esp. if you plan to ride where there is a lot of traffic, go to an advanced riding course. It may cost you a few hundred bucks, but just look at the incident that this post derived from to see if it's worth it.

I am yearning to get another bike, and have been to the Kawasaki dealer in earnest at least 4 times, but I can't see myself riding a bike in So. Cal. Just way too much traffic and COMPLETE IDIOTS who must have gotten their drivers license from a cracker jack box!!

Oh well...just my 3 cents worth.

Tim

Tim you hit the nail on the head... and unfortunately (John Coffee could probably chime in here as well) most kids with a sporty car or superbike act the same way... They get a few months experience under their belt and they think they are the best driver in the world.. I'm taking my older stepson to a Friday at the track (FATT Program at Summit Point)next month to show him just how good a driver he ISN'T in his 94 Civic... I'm putting big brakes on the front of the Mustang JUST so I can go to this event...

Mike :rolleyes: