HybridZ

Where is the best place to buy Ground Controls Coil Overs?

i bought mine direct from ground control.since it is a owner operated business i believe it is best to buy direct from the source.the owner races cars with his own parts.the coil over kits on my z have been on for many years and the collars never jam even when dirty.i told them what i was using the car for( street + open track days)and the car handles very well.if you have a problem they will help out quickly.basically the stuff was developed for road racing but the import crowd discovered thier products for getting thier cars really low.front camber plates work welland dont rattle like cheap carrera plates i had on the rear.you need very good quality strut cartridges to work with coil overs because of the need for more rebound dampening(control of stiff springs).iif i was going to build another z that never went on track or ran on autox i would skip the coil overs and just use lowering springs.less noise transmitted into the body.i use 12" 225 lbs springs in front and 12" 250 in rear.front sway bar is 7/8.rear is 3/4.

I agree with Randy, Ground Control is a reputable company, and supports their products. The camber plates are high quality and they can set up suspension "kits" taylored to what you intend to do with your car. Although coil-overs are a little overkill for a pure street car, they do allow you to custom offset the wheels more and get that big/wheel tire under the fenders.