HybridZ

Pics of the Lip for my metal 1/4's

EvilRufusKay

:shock: Cool... but I hope you like sanding body filler.. :lol:

I know!! I actually have a buddy that does bodywork. I plan on dropping him a couple bucks to help me with the sanding.

Z-Tard,

After I made the drivers side I made some templates and the passengers side went together with less welding, and it looks pretty much identicle. The minor differences should be able to befixed with the glass.

looks like you are using aluminum sheet? If so can you tell me the type ie 3003 h14 or what. Also, if it is Aluminum sheet, wont it react to the original sheet steel when you tack weld the pieces together? Also, if it is sheet steel what guage are you using, looks like 20. You ahve put a really nice design for the 1/4 panel it should look dynamite when its done.

Ferd

Looks Awesome Rufus!!!

Lots o' work there!! Looking at the lip, I was thinking that maybe it needs something to give the edge some roundness, you know, like the OEM lip has a fold...

Maybe some tubing, like 1/4 fuel line or something could be bent to the shape of the arc,then welded to the inside edge to give it that 'finished' look?

Looks great as-is.....just a thought.

Tim

The aluminum bodied Cobras have a small diameter steel cable rolled into the edge of the fender lip, IIRC it's about 1/8" cable. Like Tim said, 1/4" steel tube would also look pretty good too, and would give the edge a little strength as well. Keep us posted, I want to see how this one turns out :)

Mike

Bartman, You are correct. That is the side I started on and I got more proficient as I went on. However I intentionally made it approx. 1.5" longer than what I need. I plan on drawing a perfect arc after I make my wheel/tire choice them slicing off the out of round part w/ the plasma cutter I am buying for work...*cough*.... :-D

Good eye!!!