HybridZ

3.2 stroker finished and in

briann510

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Very impressive numbers!! I can't wait to see 1/4 mile times!! It ought to be in the very low 12's for sure!! Don't trust a Gtech though, take it to the track!

Later,Norm

To get rid of heating issues with the Mikuinis, use the cooling bodies Mikuini installed on oh-so-many OEM applications. On Wayne Caulder's 3.2, this totally stopped his percolation problems in SoCal during stop-n-go driving.

They are a diecast body that fits between the accel pump and the bottom of the Mikuini Body, and have two fittings on them to allow the return fuel from the regulator to pass beneath the carbs in a cooling flow to take away any excess heat. They work great, I'm amazed many more people don't know about them. A longer accel pump rod was included in the cooling body kit when you ordered them. If you need photos e-mail me and I can send you some if I can scrounge up the sets I have...

Also, that stumble off idle may be due ot idle jetting. You mentioned "accel jets" but not idles. Are the idle jets 55.5 or larger? If not, chances are you are going momentarily lean on transition, and a larger idle jet will stop that during light throttle applications.

thanks Tony! i will inquire about those cooling bodies. a picture would be great when you have the time and if you can find them. i saw a diagram of one of those cooling bodies and it was $28 i think.

we should dyno it soon and see exactly how we are a/f ratio and go from there with any jetting issues and then go for more heat options like the one you just pointed out.

Brian

Finally got out today and grabbed some video of going through the gears and a couple launches. the carbs are a little off until we get it on the dyno all afternoon next thursday to really shake it down and see where we stand on jetting etc.. it lays rubber through every gear for a good 30 feet unless we go easy on it and both tires up in smoke even though its an open 3.90 rear. first gear redlined spinning right away and 2nd gear grabbed and just spun again to redline right away. drag radials and 15x10 rear rims are in near furure.

video isnt excellant quality as its an old hi 8 camera.

here is the link:

http://www.bbgraphics1.com/73z/strokervideo.mpeg

Dan,

Hey... I've been meaning to ask you... I looked at your chart way back when you first did it and meant to ask you about the hp/torque lines...

Aren't they supposed to converge at 5250 RPMs? Any idea why your chart doesn't do that?

Guest eric-z
Dan' date='

Hey... I've been meaning to ask you... I looked at your chart way back when you first did it and meant to ask you about the hp/torque lines...

Aren't they supposed to converge at 5250 RPMs? Any idea why your chart doesn't do that?[/quote']

Ken,

If you look back at the chart you will see that the torque and horsepower are at different scales. when you take that into consideration, they are at the same point at 5250RPM.

Eric

• 1 month later...
Guest bastaad525
Ken' date='

If you look back at the chart you will see that the torque and horsepower are at different scales. when you take that into consideration, they are at the same point at 5250RPM.

Eric[/quote']

Dyno places do that a lot and always throw people off :P you always gotta make a point to look at both sides of the graph as often there can be a pretty big disparity in the numbers from one side to the other.

BTW Dan, I have to thank you big time for the insight about raising the rear... as this is something I had also planned to do at one time or another, as it bothered me that the gap was different in the rear making it always look like it's 'sagging' in the back. Every Z I've ever owned and every one I can recall seeing and paying attention to this area, have all done this... now I feel better knowing why :)

Brian510 - really impressive numbers there dude, I agree I'm curious to see the power band from a lower RPM as well... I must admit, when it came down to it, the typical power curve of a built up N/A L6 is why I stopped working on the 2.9L N/A I had and decided to go turbo... high rpm power just never seemed very fun on the street to me, and when I swapped out the stock cam for even a mild street cam, even though I gained something like 20hp just from the torque curve moving up like 1500rpm, the car became a LOT less fun to drive on the street on a day to day basis. But still, 300hp from ANY L6 setup is nothing to sneeze at....