HybridZ

Who's got balls enough to drive this z?

Ok, update time. Bought new powerglide race trans on EBAY last week, picked it up yesterday, installed it today in my boys z. A couple of buddies came over so we added alcohol, trans fluid, fired it up on stands. All gears worked, but again no transbrake, Bummer. Oh well, all gears work so time to drive it alittle. Set tire pressure at 10psi.

Out in the street we go. I live on a long straight road about 2 miles long kind of on the outskirts of town along the river here. Well, that is if you can call it a river. Anyway, did a l did alittle burnout and then backed up and launched at 2K rpm. Stall converter is 5K so it hits 5K right away, smokes the tires and when it gets finished doing that, it slingshots scary fast. Shifted second and got out of it.

My drag racing buddies say that the slicks aren't wrinkling. So, we drop the tire pressure to 8psi. Now, it works, but I didn't get the tires hot enough to stick good, but, it is a really wild ride even in first, let alone second, so I'm thinking that I may not have the balls to go all out in this thing. Then three police units drive up in my yard cause one of the neighbors complained. But we had parked it already and they just really wanted to see the car so it was no big deal.

So I'm just going to check to see if there are some steel nuts or brass balls out there that need the crap scared out of them. Going to the track in Alb. on Sunday if it isn't raining, be there or.......

David

I'd give 'er a go.. :twisted: Sounds like my old V8 Rx.. a little slow off the line, but before you could think THINK (never mind say out loud) "Hmm.. feel's a bit slugish" it was off like a rocket. :lol: kicked into second (350th, vac line was off, shifted out of 1st at 5500rpm) and broke the 265/60/15's loose like I was on wet pavement!

Stupid me though, I was doing my 'test runs' up and down a street in a new subdivision (only two houses on this stretch) and there was a guy working in his backyard.. he'd had enough after about oh.. 5 of my runs past his property, and came running out after me, spade shovel in hand! :shock: I turned around (after all, I had to live 400ft away from this guy) and after a minit of screaming at me, he smiled and said "You know, this is really cool what you built here kid.. But this aint the drag strip man, you could really get hurt if something went wrong, and there's no one around to help if it does.." Yah well... my bad...

Congrats on building a scarry azz ride man, dont worry.. it'll feel slow in no time. :)

ill drive it, i got a gift of driving the hell out of other ppls cars :)...

even scared a customer in his M3 today :).. its always funny when you hear the owner of the car say " i didnt think the car could do that!!!"

but your Z must be a wild ride!

mike

Come on over. Sunday we'll be testing at Alb National Dragway, to see if it's going to go straight and hook or not. I adjusted the coil overs as low as they will go, might have to give the right rear a couple of turns to compensate for body roll on launch. Otherwise, if it don't work, I'm tubbing it with my buddy's 17x 33 slicks, now that ought to do it and if it don't, I'll end up like jap tin, cleaning the top with asphalt!

Well, it's either me or you!

So if your that dumb' date=' prove it![/quote']

today test driving a customers Audi S4 i pulled up to a stop light next to a cop car, who's window was down.

me being a DUMB idiot i said this to the cop.. "you know if i wanted to i could just race off and you couldnt catch me at all in that crappy chevy."

he laughed and said "im sure on that"

hehe i really wanted him to say.. PROVE IT! lol

im a idiot.. mike

we can see that by your spelling :-)

lol just playn'.

ya it shows that im even dumber lol.

My Z is no where near scary' date=' except for when it caught fire haha.[/quote']

hahahahha

My buddy Joe has a dragster license, he runs blown alcohol class in the southwest supercharger series and has gone 6.98 @ 212mph. I'm going to let him drive it on the wide open throttle passes. We are going to do tuning on the suspension first and take vid's so we can analyze. A couple of part throttle passes, couple of half throttle passes and then we'll see. Having the slicks hot will definately make a difference but I don't have a line lock so it'll have to be dragster style. Also I didn't hook up the PB line to the intake spacer so I'll have to do that saturday. Got to have PB baby. And I have to tighten up the trans crossmember and put the dynomax bullet mufflers on the pipes and tack weld them. They sure don't look like much of a muffler. The cops said they weren't street legal. I've never been totally street legal in my life, so I don't know why I would want to start now!

I emailed the guy on the trans I got on EBAY, no response about the transbrake not working.

I know how u feel Nismo280, my car seems like it can b cursed at times-it can b scary........When i first bought the car, the engine caught fire(NO DAMAGE), then i was removing the fuel filter-shot gas in my dad's eye, and a few weeks ago, my auxilery fan's wires crossed eachother, and.......WHITE SMOKE EVERYWHERE

tell me about it, everyday its a new problem....... When i bought it, it wouldn't start, i was dumb enough to goto a mechanic(there really respected mechanics around here, so i gave em a shot) well-i spent 1700 dollars to replace fuel injectors and connectors, and misc. testing and such, then my fpr crapped out on me, then another, then one more(im on my fourth one, and i have a 5th just in case..if they fail, im gonna get an adjustable NEW ONE) well, then my Head temp sensor went out-had to replace it, then my I/C module went out, and i had to fix that. AND NOW, IT WON"T START....AGAIN, well, im used to it-besides that, besides the engine itself, i've replaced pretty much everything in the car(well, shoot, mayb i should get a new engine, cuz chance r, thats gonna drop out on me soon-i mean SHOOT, i love that SLOW, CRAPPY IDLEING, NON STARTING piece of crap-i would hate to get a powerful V8 or RB motor). Cept the interior