HybridZ

Note to self: DO NOT drop tranny on hand! Pic inside.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

1. Be very thankful your wife likes cars and supports your car addiction. She's a keeper, treat her nice.

2. Don't worry about the woodage. I suspect at least 90% of HybridZ members would need a strategically placed plate if we had a beautiful young hottie like that sitting on our lap. We're just jealous. Once again, keeper. You might want to give camera angles more thought the next time you let somebody take pictures with her sitting on your lap.

3. All car projects periodically require blood to be sacrificed. I currently have a slashed knuckle on my right hand from working on my exhaust. Yours is a lot worse, I hope it gets better OK.

John

LMAO! It's not "wood"' date=' damnit! :)

They were new swimming trunks and they were all stiff and wrinkly, hence the wad in the "package-ital area". That was our wedding day... we got married on the beach.

.[/quote']

Don't worry Man.....size isn't everything.....I'm sure you make her happy :-D:twisted::wink:

Please put a poster size picture of you and your wife on the beach on your garage wall and look at it before you do anything that could possibly cause bodily harm to you.

We had our safety meeting on had injuries yesterday morning up here in Prudhoe Bay AK and to see your post in the afternoon makes one think.

Do it right and do it safe!

Guest Magnum Rockwilder
My GF likes cars too but she loves old Vettes.

My wife has a "top 10 list" that she wrote 2 years ago. Just to name a few: "240Z, 3rd gen RX7, Porsche GT3, 60's Lincoln Continental, etc". She has varied taste in cars, with riced out modern imports and 79-up Mustangs at the bottom.

If it feels half as bad as it looks, it must be Vicadin time! Get well soon!! Davy

I woke up this morning in pain when my 7lb Chihuahua, "Chevy", stepped on my hand. It's swollen smooth and stiff as hell. I can just barely touch the skin anywhere from my wrist to my 2nd knuckles and it feels like pins and needles. I took 1 Aleve and 1 Tylenol last night, and one Aleve when I woke up. I don't like prescription painkillers. I'm going to get a liter of bourbon to help ease the pain, so I'll probably be in a stupor for the next couple days.

I'm still going to finish working on the car, but I'll have to take it slow and easy because I can barely move my left hand.

EVERYONE---It's not wood. :D

Ouch...Ouch...Ouch. Hope you heal fast because I want to see that turbo up-and-running.

Yes, I've spilled my share of Blood, Sweat, and Tears on various Automotive Misadventures in the past and hope to continue to do so for a while longer.

These kind of painful experiences make us members in an automotive brotherhood, far above those whose only labor, involving their dream car project, entails the signing of credit card slips.

Hanns

Guest Magnum Rockwilder
Ouch...Ouch...Ouch. Hope you heal fast because I want to see that turbo up-and-running.

The only reason it's not up and running yet is I've just been too busy with other projects. I customize cars and motorcycles both as a job and hobby, so time is limited.

I got the engine pulled today, one handed. Tomorrow I'm doing the engine bay clean-up and wiring.

I should have it running within a couple weeks, but then again I've said that before. I'm thinking about just throwing it together real quick with a N/A 350, and installing the balls-out engine later. My main concerns are te tranny and rear end, both of which I need some time to build.

By now, you've probably sloughed the skin underneath the abrasions. Those stringy white things you see are tendons. Now, if you want to save your hand, I'd get myself some fishing line and needles and you'll need that bourbon. Then, use some of that excess skin from that "tentpole", trim it into a little skin flap (you'll need help from the wife with this part) , and sew it to the back of your hand to cover those tendons and bone. You will notice that your hand is attatched to your groin. That's why we call it a "groin flap". It's a time honored way of covering severe defects to the back of the hand. Look it up if you don't believe me. You will need to divide the flap in about 3 weeks. I suggest dropping the tranny on your pecker to do this (drink the bourbon first).

OK, I'm being a little silly, but it's early in the morning and I can't sleep. By the way, that's the best wedding outfit I've ever seen-not you, the bride.

Guest Bris280zx

Ahhh fractured meta carples, that swells like hell!!!

Your doing well to pull the engine 1 handed hehe

Keep an eye on infection !

Let us know what the white was :P

Mat.