HybridZ

Griffin radiator users ....HELP!

OK I tried searching on this but I still have a question. I just got a Griffin 24x19 universal GM style rad. I'm trying to get it mounted but I'm having a hard time finding the rubber insulator pads for the upper and lower radiator mounts. I've tried all the local auto parts stores. I would like to use an oem style piece instead of rubber tubing or hoses as someone suggested in other posts. I'm trying to keep the install as "oem" or sanitary as possible so I'm hoping someone has a part number or source for some nice mounting pads. Thanks.

I had this problem and had to make my own out of billet alum and rubber mountings. These cars are custom but thats whats worth it in the end. I'd post a pic but I can't as of now. Just remember NOT to mount it directly to your frame or it will crack and leak. Yea the junk yard might work, worth a shot at least. Good luck!

Hey thanks guys. I found some universal rubber mounts made by that HELP brand. They need to be trimmed but they look like they will work. Part number is 10665.

I was really hoping for some oem ones. I'm going to stop by GM this week and try to find a better set even though the HELP ones should work just fine. I'm guessing something off a full size truck might work.

I got a nice surprise too while I was searching for these pads. A guy here at my local auto parts store has a blown/nos SBC 240Z at the auto parts store. I'm wondering if the owner is a member here.....?

Jaime, if you look a bit, the Volvo 240's have single upper units that are quite sanitary looking. I'm not sure how they'll do on the Griffin--is it flat on top? The Volvo upper mounts work well with the Camaro radiator like they were made for each other.

Davy

Thanks Davy. Yeah the griffin I have is a flat top with the tanks on the sides. I actually bought the JTR radiator mounts planning to use them with the griffin.

Well, apparently the newer JTR mounts will only work with the oem camaro radiator. The griffin is just a bit too thick. The griffin core is fine but the tanks are too thick. It's a shame too because the JTR pieces are really nice!

I'll try the pick and pulls but I haven't fiven up on GM yet. I'm going to try a couple more dealerships, otherwise I'll probably just end up using the "Help" brand uni. ones.

I used mounting rubbers from a 73-80 chevy pick up with a small block

400 or big block engine.

They are made for the 3 1/2 inch tanks.

Hope this helps.

Yes! Perfect! Exactly what I've been looking for! I'll call the dealer in the morning, or back to the pick n pull.

Thanks!