HybridZ

Need LT1 Help.

mark

New ring and bearings went in the engine with out any problems (so far).

Engine and tranny went back in and now it won't start. I get no spark from the coil when grounding the coil wire. Fuel pressure is good.

I pinned out the grounds from the PCM and all check fine. The fuel pump cycles on when the key is turned on like always. I'm guessing coil bad maybe? any other suggestions would be welcome. It's late and my brain is fried.

Thanks, Mark

First of all you should know to search before you post. If you would have taken the time to search at 3 AM you would have found that the optispark is a known culprit for this problem along with hard starting and rough idle. Check that and I bet it will be your problem. And next time search first.

Listen you A$$, I dont come here for some one to tell me to search, I come here for you to tell me the answers no many times the question has been answered. Got that! How ever, I checked the optispark and it was wet and rusty on the inside. I hope that is my problem cause if I spend 300 or what ever they cost and it still don't start, I'm going to kick you A$$!!

Mark,

Opti is the usual culprit, but don't be too quick to blame it. They get blamed unnecessarily a lot of the time.

Check the coil module too. They are also a bit of a design flaw as they are not isolated from the heat of the head. Coil could also be bad.

Double and triple check all the wires, esp. the grounds. The LT1 is notorious for running crappy if it isn't grounded well.

HTH schitso....

Tim

Thanks Tim,

I took the opti apart and it was rusty and wet, pressure washed everything. That was an expensive mistake. I'll have a new one here tommorow. If that doesn't work....well you know who is going to get it.

HTH schitso....

I resemble that remark

I can not tell you guys how much this thread has made me laugh... My Stepson recked his car last night, adding a TON of stress to our household, and right now a good laugh and some good friends here seem to make it all just a little better... Oh and he is fine, but the Civic and our insurance rates are not... twice within 13 months... man.

Can I get in on the group therapy?

Mike

You should see them when they get to fighting at the track. It's usually not too bad unless mark V3.207 shows up. That's the one with a samurai sword in one hand, a spitting cobra in the other, a bandanna that says "DEATH TO ALL NONBELIEVERS" and wearing a sumo wrestling style loincloth with a can of charcoal lighter fluid tucked into the waistband, all while running around a beautiful 73 Z.

I generally give that one some room.

John

originally posted by mark

We thank you for the compliment, however please note our cobra does not spit since the operation we had after the second kid was born.

Well, my mistake. But you need to inform the growing young lady who works at the Quick Stop in Kershaw. She seems very certain that you're the responsible party. Your secret's safe with me, Snake. I didn't tell your name or address or anything.

Is the lighter fluid related to this somehow?

John