HybridZ

TT383 Chevy Z race video posted

I always used a very crude calculation to get 1/4 mile times from the 1/8 et. I just multiply Et. by 1.54. I got that from some other drivers at the strip when we was trying to figure out what my cousins junior would run if he ran it out.

Sorry if it is inacurate and unhelpfull.

Useing that formula it comes out to a 9.8. Im sure youve done some quarter passes to be restricted to 1/8 mile,, what were your quarter times

By The way Great job on the car. It was the whole inspiration for me making up my mind to do a turbo sbc build.

Ever think about doing any in car camera stuff like barkley racing.

73 TURBO 240Z,

I'm using a TH 400 transmission and Ford 9" rear with a 4-link & coil-over suspension.

CHUCKY,

It's a 383 Chevy engine, 8 to 1 compression pistons, mild solid roller cam, Edelbrock Vic jr heads, Vic jr intake manifold, unsophisticated exhaust manifold for the turbos, home made airbox for the 750 DP Holley carburetor.

Keep the 5.0 engine. Just add turbo or supercharger and you'll give me a run for the money.

QWIK240Z,

My best 60 ft time is only 1.5 seconds but I'm hoping to improve that to the 1.3's like my hero, Scottie GNZ.

SKRICH,

Before I did much tuning I only got 10 psi of boost from the engine and there was much lag. My best then was 10.29 at 137 mph in the quarter. Currently I'm running 1/8 th mile tracks because my quarter mile times ( calculated to be in the 9's ) would get me kicked out for not having a competition license, etc.

I do mount a camcorder in the Z and will post some video if there is enough disk space in my photo gallery.

Thank you for your comments, everyone.

Hanns

Guest 305240

Could you give a more detailed description of the rear? That looks like a awsome hookup you got there. I'm looking for a narrowed rear for my setup. I like to put my foot in it every now and again. Would you happen to have any pics if the rear installation? Man, everyone I show your vid clip to can't believe it.

Hanns our cars will almost look identicle when my is done with the exception mine will keep the overfenders and fender mirrors. I can only hope it performs the same way. I to will be looking to get a comp license :twisted:

Guest davido

the race video's that have been posted is it me or do the people racing against the Z-cars seem to be jumping out of there vehicles and checking to see if they forgot to unhitch their horse trailer.

:)

Guest WHITEBOY

I love turbo cars. They leave hard, but not really violent. They just gradually keep ripping harder and harder. I have a full tube chassis Z, and my Dad has a back halfed Z. They both turn high 1.20 short times, and mid 5's in the 1/8. Both have Ford 9" rear ends. I also have a Z with factory front suspension, and IRS. It has the R200 diff. I just bought it and plan to build a real street car out of it. Something I can drive anywhere, and still haul A.

My question is...What is the best short time you guys know of out of a Z that still has IRS, and did the IRS hold up very long?