HybridZ

Found something interesting on ebay...

240zprace

Only rare to the gas powered L series engines. LOL! That manifold is off of any LD28 diesel power maxima. It has no TB, because of that. I've read that it will not bolt on to a gas head without modification, but don't hold me to that. I've also read that it WILL bolt onto any some later heads (N47, P79, P90), but I don't know why it would bolt onto some but not others... Makes no sence... It has 35mm runners, as compared to the Z intakes we are fimiliar with that have 30mm runners. The stock head port size for a Z head is 35mm. It also has no injector bungs for your injectors because deisels didn't have them (on the manifold anyway). It has longer runners, which would give more torque also.

If you want to use this intake you will have to modify the holes so it will mount up to a gas head, make a custom plenum to adapt a throttle body, or adapt a TB to the stock one, and drill holes for injectors, and weld on the mounting hardware for the injectors.

Ive got one in my garage now, Ill check later today if it will bolt up to the N42 or E88's ive got laying around.

My personal Idea for the manifold was to use it for a supercharged L motor where you want to have the TB before the charger, so the intake manifold just needs a hose hooked to it.

I'd be interested to know whether it bolts right on or now... I'm making a custom intake out of one of these.

BTW, the reserve on that one is set at $150... Pretty high, considering I just got mine off ebay a couple weeks back for $81, shipped to my door! A month or so back 1fastz (from zcar.com, don't know his name here) sold one on ebay for $250... One minute they're hot, one minute they're not.

It looks like the bolt holes line up, but I don't have any of the intake bolts to actually bolt it on. The lower bolts (with the big washer hold downs), however, do not work... Only 2 of the washers actually touch the manifold... I suppose you could get some bigger ones... I assume the ports line up, but I can't really check.

It has longer runners, which would give more torque also.

I really hate that sentance. Absolutely untrue as a blanket statement. There are detailed discussions on this website as to why.

Not to be anal, but let's stick to the facts. ;)

Somewhere out there lie my deisel Maxima parts. I had an '82 Maxima D wagon with 155K miles on it when it got stolen! It was blue, rusty, bent, and had plexiglass side windows. Why it got stolen, I'll never know. It was so fun to smoke tailgaters with that car! Literally step on the gas and it would send out a cloud of choking, black, smoke. Well, I hope at least some of the parts make it to good use in a hybrid Z sometime, somewhere.

I am hoping someone will put one of the LD28 manifolds on E88/90/90A head to see if it will fit or can be modified to fit. We are looking for a manifold with long runners to build a set of 3 SU's. ( I know... They do not work) If you guys that have one of these could email me with this info, I would appreciate it. I just need to know if this manifold will work on a E88/90 head.