HybridZ

Lca Mod Pics

Finally I finished relocating the LCA pivot points. Here are pics before painting.

Raised up .750 Double plates brazed in on each end. Add an inside motor mount brace too. The extra small hole is for the MSA motor mount. Its really close to the pivot so I shaped the outside plates to clear. Inside plate has that hole going through it.

10889Picture_27825-med.jpg

10889Picture_27822-med.jpg

Did you just move them up .750" or did you move them over also? Im planning on tackling this soon and was wondering if I could get away with just moving them up as the car isnt going to be a full time track car. Just want to improve the tracking of the car abit. Also is this possible with stock control arms, or do you need to make some adjustable ones?

Just moved them up only .750. Did not move them out. I'm running on the street too. Not sure.... but I think it's very possible to run the stock control arms with some trimming them to clear and fit. Would be great to hear from someone who has done that mod with the stock arms. Anyone?

I believe it's been address elsewhere about moving the LCA pivot point out, not just the relocation up! The only reasons one would want to relocate the LCA pivot point is for reducing bumpsteer...which involves getting the LCA pivot points and the steering link pivot points in the same horizontal plane as well as ensuring the the two are of equal length. Moving the LCA pivot points out have the potential to make your situation worse than before, because you will then have to increase the length (by adjustment) of your steering links in order to obtain proper toe! Just some food for thought!

This has been discussed in many threads before. Some people feel the only correct way to relocate them is to actually measure the change in bumpsteer. That going "up and over" some fixed amount is only a shot in the dark and may not translate well to your particular chassis.

For what it is worth....

True, AND it may fix a problem in ONE situation, and make it worse in another... This is not a magic cure for bumpsteer and I believe Mr. Coffey has the single best defenition of Bumpsteer (in another thread somewhere here) that I have ever read.

It will help explain a lot.

Mike