HybridZ

Toyota 3RZ 4 Cylinder

Guest 26ounce

Guest 26ounce

2.7 litre DOHC with a cast iron block. People are getting some serious performance numbers out of these engines with turbo.

Quite a common motor here in Oz, I believe you get them in the U.S. via the Tacoma.

Here is a swap in a 180SX. Might be an interesting alternative in a hybrid Z.

http://are.com.au/Big%20HP/grunter.htm

Dyno results

26-02-05_785hp_m.jpg

3RZ Drag car

http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/91618/

* 1st seen on the following forum

http://pforums.company-hosting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67187561

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason this motor is intriguing to me.... but I am not finding a lot of info about it in my searching. Someone had a thread about engine weights, but it wasnt listed there. Does anyone know of a good website with forums that would be appropriate? I read a lot today, and found even more up-to-date info on that ARE car (sick project, those guys are building an amazing car.) They mentioned using a custom tremec tranny for their application, but the Supra 5 or 6 speed would do fine for our cars.... I want some in depth info on aftermarket parts, weights, trannies, RPM ranges, ect. The ARE car will be spinning up to 10,000 RPM !!!! People are also getting insane HP off the stock crank and heads. I am seeing some very reasonable prices on the engine alone, but want to flesh it out a bit before I get any further.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP^^

Anyone here that is either also a toyota guy, or knows of a good forum or tech source? I have been searching off an on for a couple weeks now, but I think I am spoiled by the experience here, there arent too many communities out there as advanced and free-spirited as ours.... most of the truck forums are into bolt-on performance or modding the rest of the drive-train and suspension, and most of the children of the rice arent familiar with the 3RZ.

Also, I saw some posts on the 4AG forums by a "Yasin"... same Yasin as the one who posts here?

tannji

Ya, I joined that forum about 3 weeks ago, as you said, they are not really into anything out of the ordinary there, just pointed me towards a couple of bolt-on performance shops.

I think I will go the SR20 route for the fun of it, and think about building an 3RZ on the side for another chassis.