HybridZ

Rally Stripes?

cygnusx1

I always loved Z's or almost any car with dual rally stripes running over the length of the car. I have always toyed with the idea of adding them to my silver 280Z. I would probably have a vinyl shop add two stripes from the tip of the hood to the end of the tailgate. Would I be compromising the beautiful base/clear paintjob I have underneath if I was to add the stripes? Is there a right way and a wrong way to go about adding stripes. Obviously, I don't want them painted on because my paint is about 5 years old and is in excellent shape. I am also looking for opinions on color and stripe styles. I like the cobra and viper style dual stripe layout the best.

A7sm.jpg

Guest comeandzpa

I personally think that a twin set of flat black stripes would look pretty badass on a dark silver car.

Just my $.02, take it as you will

yeah these are the exact things I was concerned with...damaging the paint, paint fade differences under the vinyl, staining...I don't have any experience with this but the last thing I want is to damge the paint job.

Hmmm, "static cling appliques"!...any more info. I am always up for something easy to remove with little or no repercussions later.

yeah these are the exact things I was concerned with...damaging the paint' date=' paint fade differences under the vinyl, staining...I don't have any experience with this but the last thing I want is to damge the paint job.

Hmmm, "static cling appliques"!...any more info. I am always up for something easy to remove with little or no repercussions later.[/quote']

The only thing about temp cling/magnetic appliques is that since they're not really "stuck" to the body, particles can get sandwiched between the paint and the applique and sandpaper away at the paint.