HybridZ

California Rains takes more victims!!

Tim240z

How detailed do you want?

I work for the largest public utility in the Western United States (for the Gas Transmission unit, which is the large - up to 34inch diameter, high pressure - 1000psi +, natural gas pipelines).

The group I work for is responsible for internal inspection (usually using magnetic flux resonance tools) of the pipelines, usually looking for internal corosion. The inspection tools are called "smart pigs", which comes from the squeeling sound that the leather 'pigs' made in the old days as they travelled through the pipeline. This is a 'new' Federal requirement which stems from the Carlsbad, NM pipeline explosion back in 1999(?)

I am responsible for all environmental issues, permitting, monitoring etc

Endangered Species Act compliance

Clean Water Act compliance

Haz Waste disposal

etc etc etc.

My territory is from Goleta (Santa Barbara) in the North, to Blythe/Needles in the East, to the Pacific Ocean in the West, to the Mexican Border in the South, so i see lots of wierd stuff off the beaten track....

Tim

So the cars are in your driveway now right??? I need a front crossmember.

:-)

Owen

Hell no!!! I don't need any more scrap in my driveway......I am still trying to convince the wife to let me buy this from my Boss ($1500):

8112trailer_sm-med.JPG

Ah thats cool, I am majoring in Environmental Science/Geology, what did you major in?

Environmental Studies, BA.

If you really want to make $$$, concentrate on regulatory compliance. I have found that the biology, and Geology that I studied is almost moot.....compliance with the laws is what most companies need....

Tim

Tim...small world...I design and do modelling in the Natural Gas Transmission and distribution world. I have "only" worked on 20" and 550psi. I do alot of yield stress work and fluid dynamics flow calcs.

We have a large environmental dep't that I work with very closely and I used to be directly involved in all the pipeline pigging activites.

Great to see someone on here in the same field

Yasin

P.S: Pity about those Zs...

Those two had seen better days before any recent rains.

I'm a little concerned about the custom hood on the one, does it open like that with a hinge? and what about the engine, Is that those "green" engines I have been hearing about, it runs on photosynthesis right? :)