HybridZ

Hit a deer

Z Driver

For hittin' a deer... a front fender, hood and a bumper isn't that bad! :shock: Seriously.

EDIT: Sorry, slightly off topic, but do you have any pictures of your M3 and Delta 88? I would love to see pictures! Both are something of my past.

!M!

zDriver,

For hitting it going 30 thats not bad damage but it still sucks.

I hit one several years ago in my truck coming back from deer hunting. Didn't get one with the rifle but did with the truck, except that road kill doesn't sound very good and it's also illegal to take in WA state.

Anyway, didn't do much damage to the truck but it still cost me $1800.00 to get it fixed and I felt like sh!t for hitting and killing it the way I did. Much rather take one out with a clean shot and be able to enjoy eating it than hit and run over one.

Wheelman

I can just picture the deer talking to his mates saying " Some scmuck ran into me, man you wanna see the bruise on my *** !!!"

Glad you were not hurt, glad the car is not too badly damaged, always a shame to hit an animal, much better killed cleanly with a single shot like wheelman said.

Your car looks pretty cherry, before you go out and get new panels and respray, you might want to hit up a paintless dent repair place to see if they can pop some of that out. By the looks of it, probabaly not, but worth a try.

I've been in 2 deer incidents in Z's. In both the animal went OVER the roof of the car. And the second time, I wasn't even going all that fast. (First time my Mom was running a bit late.) Thank goodness we just had to replace hoods on both occasions. But the second one did bend the rad support a bit.

I took it to the guy who painted my car yesterday. He said he'll paint the new panels and install them for $135. I'm off to Victoria British tomorrow to pick up my hood (turbo style since I'm doing the coversion soon), fender, headlight bucket, an aftermarket air dam.

For hittin' a deer... a front fender' date=' hood and a bumper isn't that bad! :shock: Seriously.

EDIT: Sorry, slightly off topic, but do you have any pictures of your M3 and Delta 88? I would love to see pictures! Both are something of my past. Thanks for the kind words.

!M![/quote']

Here's a picture of the M3. I spent the whole day yesterday detailing it and went out for some pictures today. It really got my mind off of the ZX which was sitting in tatters next to me.

9037M3.JPG

I don't have any pictures of the Delta on my computer right now. I'll take some tomorrow when I change the oil on it.

I've been in 2 deer incidents in Z's. In both the animal went OVER the roof of the car. And the second time, I wasn't even going all that fast. (First time my Mom was running a bit late.) Thank goodness we just had to replace hoods on both occasions. But the second one did bend the rad support a bit.

I think it has to do with the Datsun's shape. Mine went almost as high as the roof. It almost went through the windshield.

Looks more like you had a late rutting buck do a little massage rubbing on that side of the fender. Here in Oregon , I hit a cow elk in a 89 Sentra at about knee cap height doing about 20 MPH. She landed on her back clawing the sky with all 4 hooves and slid over the windshield... breaking it.....;.... rested on the roof until my brakes dug in to bring her across the windshield again to rest on the hood... She kept scratching thin air until she miracalously got enuff traction to hit the black top to join the rest of the herd. Good thing she was going to feed not coming from the pasture after a full meal. The Nissan took a beating!

Looks more like you had a late rutting buck do a little massage rubbing on that side of the fender. Here in Oregon , I hit a cow elk in a 89 Sentra at about knee cap height doing about 20 MPH. She landed on her back clawing the sky with all 4 hooves and slid over the windshield... breaking it.....;.... rested on the roof until my brakes dug in to bring her across the windshield again to rest on the hood... She kept scratching thin air until she miracalously got enuff traction to hit the black top to join the rest of the herd. Good thing she was going to feed not coming from the pasture after a full meal. The Nissan took a beating!

Geez, I can just see that now! almost made me laugh out loud in class!!