HybridZ

So long, John DeLorean.

auxilary

He had his faults, but he did what he could to overcome and succeed. He paid for his 'mistakes' and ended up with a pretty miserable outcome of losing his venture, going through 3 wives, and finally in bankrupcy. Still, his faith brought him through in the end so he was not in depression and was even looking forward to doing "a performance car for under $20,000." Wow.

Davy

Too bad, we'll miss him. Directv had a channel called Trio, which unfortunately isn't on anymore. They aired a lot of really different and obscure programming which I liked, but this is probably the same reason why it's gone. Anyways, this included a neat behing the scenes documentary on the DMC-12, during the initial planning and construction, and before the whole thing was a failure. They really touted it as the next up and comming sensation.

The only way I'd ever a DMC-12 is if it was a hybrid. Those things were totally lacking in straight line speed, but not sure how it was handling wise. I guess it was originally intended to have a turbo motor, but that never panned out.

Wow..sad stuff...John really had a spiralled career after the drug incident. I lived in England during the whole fiasco with DMC and how he cheated the British Government out of almost 100million dollars not to mention the job layoffs...he was not a loved name over there.

I think he should have stayed at GM, he would have brought some great idealogy to that company.

I did not realize he was 80! RIP

Yasin

Hybrid Delorean....never, o wait, thats rong, they actually sell a race engine specially for the delorean, and although they only sold a handfull of them-they were setup to sell WAY MORE, there was actually a factory that had all the parts and cars that were never sold, its in Texas i believe. Well, sum1 bought the shop, and they actually sell BRAND NEW 1980's Delorean, never started cars, BRAND NEW.....i don't know the actual site, but it may b http://www.delorean.com they sell everything from NOS parts to full cars, to engines, to race engines, they even have a bodyshop setup there, and they'll restore ur delorean for you.

RIP JOHN DELOREAN- you will be missed

"4 barrell...4 speed and a "389" ......Me and ol "Pepe le Pew" were not dreaming about it or singing along... we were living it, going around 35 mile an hour corners sideways in third gear at 70 mph. and then a couple years later comes this "327 Chevy 11" that can run about two car lengths ahead of the GTO in the outlaw quarter but those GTO's could out corner 'em all from the factory.

i have great respect for John D. but, as he had difficulties finding anyone that would sell him a drive train, he settled for that crappy citroen engine.

we used to get at one towed into the texaco station i was working at, about every other week. that engine and electrical issues ...

i remember goof balls painting their's ... most of em liked red and yellow. one guy in campbell had his polished to a high luster ... lived in the same apt complex as my girlfriend at the time. every couple months, it'd be leaving the parking lot on the back of a flatbed tow truck.

that said, the car still looks fresh 30 some years later ... and yes, i wanted one when they 1st came out ... but i had already put a deposit down on an Avanti II. after helping the mechanic at the texaco work on em, the desire to own a Delorean motor car wained ...

nope didn't buy the Avanti II, there was a waiting list, and i moved on ...

i was on the phone to canada, with Malcom Bricklin ...

Thanks John, for the GTO and all the muscle cars that followed !!!

sorry that the big auto companies wouldn't let you build the car that you wanted to, in the Delorean Motor Car ... it would have been a screamer with a small block chevy in it.

if there is a heaven, i hope you're ripping up the streets in some hot rod and not resting in peace ...