HybridZ

Long Distance engine buy

Trevor

I bought an engine on EBAY! Hope it works out, might be more headache that its worth. I am working on the shipping details from Pasadena, CA to Richmond, VA.

Anybody live or work near Pasadena, CA 91107? In case I need a local hand in the next week.... I'll sooner give my HybridZ friends a few $$$ for an couple hours time & assistance.

The seller says he'll strap it to a pallet and load it on a truck, but it will also need to be "crated". The trucking company says a cardboard box & strapping tape cover is fine, but the seller hasn't got back to me yet saying he can take care of that.

Any advice?

Happy Easter!

T

Open the Cardboard Box and Surprise it's missing half the stuff, it's used and you open it up and find out it's been rebuilt twice has cracked cylindar walls and won't turn over.

Call the guy up and "presto" his number is disconnected.

Gotta love Ebay.

(your results may vary) :twak:

Poundz, I know you got screwed on your deal but I dont think you should try to scare people from buying things off of ebay or on here. I have never had a problem buying things off of ebay or here on HZ. I also think ebay is a very reliable place to buy stuff, however there are people who will screw you but thats what the feedback system is for. If you get screwed on ebay its probably your fault for not checking their feedback. Its usually very obvious if the person is honest or not.

Guy

BE EXTREMEMLY CAREFUL!!!! PM me and I'll give you ALL the details of what went bad on my deal and how I ended up with a $4,000 paperweight.

Congratulations! 1 of 10,000!

The odds are significantly higher than being victimized by a handgun, yet no one is screaming to outlaw ebay.

BTW, there is a huge difference between buying $3 worth of children's clothes and an engine costing multiple thousands of dollars. The return freight makes a money back guarantee meaningless.

My wife has had her ebay account stolen in the past by people trying to sell car parts. Be careful.

Hey Guys, I said "BE CAREFUL" not "don't buy". And being careful means cover all your bases and most of all protect yourself. A seller that you may perceive as trustworthy, no matter where you know them from, may turn around and kick you in the balls at the first sight of a problem.

I bought a turbo that was hyped to be used on a BBC' date=' but turned out to be made for a large diesel truck. It was new and the price was cheap, and the seller had good feedback, but it's still useless to me. Yes, I should have done more homework, but I still feel like I was taken. Anyone here want an excessively large turbo for $400?? :wink:

Davy[/quote']

#2 of 20,000!

I'd like to address 2 subjects.

1.) I have over 150 buying transactions on e-bay including my 75 280Z V-8, which was my first e-bay purchase, and with 95% of them being car parts I have had excellent dealings on all of them. As stated above, do your homework.....

2.) Marcus, I feel your pain but I for one wish there was a way to resolve to everyone's satifaction your engine dispute.Your signature would not make me feel comfortable on being on this site or using it for direction on modifying my car if I was a first time veiwer and a post by you was the first one I read....IMHO.....

LARRY

I used to live in Pasadena – zip code 91106 (right next door to 91107, oddly enough). A good friend of mine is a local mechanic/businessman; he owns A and A Tire and Auto, intersection of Colorado Blvd and Sierre Madre, probably not more than a couple of miles from the 91107 post office. He could conceivably have a look at this engine and give a quick thumbs up/thumbs down (just visual inspection, of course). If you’re interested, I’ll give him a call.

Your signature would not make me feel comfortable on being on this site or using it for direction on modifying my car if I was a first time veiwer and a post by you was the first one I read....IMHO....

Ewww, one small oversight on my part. I did not see that.

Davy

In Marcus's defense, I have been screwed probally more than most on this site when it comes to cars and car parts. His signature is just a way of venting, trust me I know how he is feeling as I lost 10k on a pick up truck, the anger never really goes away. So if I had a sig it would be "Never buy a pick up off a bastard in Mississippi"

I bought an engine on EBAY! Hope it works out' date=' might be more headache that its worth. I am working on the shipping details from Pasadena, CA to Richmond, VA.

Anybody live or work near Pasadena, CA 91107? In case I need a local hand in the next week.... I'll sooner give my HybridZ friends a few $$$ for an couple hours time & assistance.

The seller says he'll strap it to a pallet and load it on a truck, but it will also need to be "crated". The trucking company says a cardboard box & strapping tape cover is fine, but the seller hasn't got back to me yet saying he can take care of that.

Any advice?

Happy Easter!

T[/quote']

When you say this, do u mean u need help in CA or Richmond, idk wht u have in mind for help, but i could lend u a hand or two in Richmond

Your signature would not make me feel comfortable on being on this site or using it for direction on modifying my car if I was a first time veiwer and a post by you was the first one I read....IMHO.....

LARRY

I understand your point' date=' however..... That sig is just serving as a constant reminder to the potential buyers of any product from anywhere that you can be screwed at anytime from anywhere regardless of how much you think you know about a person and their reputation. If the admin has a problem with it, I will take it down willfully and replace it with something more appropriate that will enable readers to form their own opinion. And for the record, that was the 2nd time from a member on this site.

#2 of 20,000!

Well that's two on a 2,700+ member site, something just doesn't add up here.