HybridZ

Gonna Get A 10 Sec Slip Saturday Night

Corzette

Well heres the deal. Im going back to Japan near Tokyo in July for three years so I am gonna try to break my car Saturday night. Well it will give the excuse to build my 385 Stroker. Anyways last track meeting I ran an 11.43 at 119.77 on a cold 100 shot, PSI was only 700 because my warmer was not working. I only hit the juice in second and third.

REMEDY.....

I went up to 125 shot and fixed my bottle warmer...nice and hot. I am gonna hit the juice in 2d and 3rd again on the warmed 125 for a base line and if Im not in the 10.9 range, Im gonna hit it midway thru 1st, then 2d and 3rd. Provided I dont break the diff pin I should be there. I figure 11.43 on a cold bottle was prob only a 75 shot at best.

Any thoughts before this happens? My car will be put away for 3 to 5 years so I need to leave with a 10 sec slip!!!!

Terry

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck even if a 125 shot doesnt work just crank it up to 150-175! Whats the worst that could happen? Blow up an engine that your going to replace anyways? Unless your planning to sell it?

Shaving .44 off should be do able in my opinion. Hopefully you dont just run a 11.00! It would be pretty funny for the rest of us but not for you!:wink:

Good luck and be sure to get it on video if you run your first 10.99! Email me it if you do and I will post it for ya!

Guy

Thanks guys! On man will I be pissed with an 11.00...NOOOOO! Knowing my luck that will happen! I guess Ill take the 150 shot pills just incase! I hope the Diff doesnt break before a good pass. Ill get it on vid as well. Thanks guy for hosting!

Terry

Terry,

wish you the best of luck on getting into the 10s. However, do not beat yourself up over it if you miss the target. My calculation says you need to find another 45rwhp to make it and that is not always so easy without a lot of track time and tuning. You will definitely need to crank up the giggle-juice BUT do not over-anxious and try too hard on the launch as that is where you will hurt your chances.

Rooting for you!

My 240 with a 362cid ran 11.7 at 120 mph without N20 (MT 26x8 slicks, 3.90, T5 5speed).

It took a 175 hp shot to get it to run 10.7 at 134 mph (1/8 mile: 6.9 at 110).

I sprayed the N20 right off the line.

So, maybe you should up the N20 a little and use it off the line if your traction is good.

Thanks Scottie! Will do. Pyro I ran an 11.9 with the 357 and low 1.6s all day long on engine alone. I ran an 11.4 spraying in 2d and 3rd. I really think I will only need 150 shot max. My suspension is really dialed in so no traction problems at all unless its cold out and I have only a half tank of gas...lol. My 11.4 pass was at 119.77 and another at 118.3. 45 more horse will def need the 150 shot. Ill keep track of what combos I use. More Saturday night!

Terry

Terry,

Good luck on the 10's, hell you might just beat me to it! I got my car running today...YEAH!! Finally..then of course my new brake swap is now giving me fits, I must have a leak somewhere as I get good peddle and 10 minutes later the peddle goes to the floor. Rebleed the brakes and same thing again.

Tomorrow I am going to go work on it in the afternoon and try to chase that little so and so down and kick its butt.

Terry, the absolute best of luck with it this weekend! Now go get a 10 second time slip soldier! Ha! Sorry I just couldn't resist.

Mike

Thanks Mike...Im sooo glad ur car is back together! Thanks for the support but its not the same with NOS. Its like steroids for a competition. Ill be excited but not satisfied till I do it on engine alone. Can you imagine a skyline running a ten on just engine without turbos? Well it aint gonna happen....with that said its just a personal thing about doing it NA like your gonna do! So technically you will be the first!!!!!!!!! Im just gonna cheat a little....at any rate that HILL WILL BE TAKEN COMMANDER!!!! OOH RAHH!!!!

Terry

Hey Bill! Im 3 1/2 hours south of Lubbock TX or about 4 hours west of San Antonio. I hope i DONT BLOW IT but it may be a learning experience if I do. Then I can join the club of blowing your engine....lol. Im convinced its the AFR heads that make it stout on my build.

Terry

Well I didnt kill myself...what a rush it is to spray a 125 shot... Guy I guess you jinxed me because heres what happened tonight. First I couldnt find the 150 shot pills so had to stay with 125. The warmer drained my battery but not before I got some good runs in. My first run was 11.45 so I retarded the timing a bit and ran a 11.25 just spraying in 2d and 3rd. I was hooking pretty good 1.6s all night mostly. Then i ran a 11.13 then decided to spray on the tail end of first just after the launch and ran a FRICKEN 11.01!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Its kinda funny though. If I could have hooked off the line I couldve ran a 10.99, however a 150 shot will make it right Im sure. Still no signs of any breakage. This little Z is holding together real good. Everybody loved the car tonight as I was the fastest there today. I beat another motorcycle...oops!!! Guy Ill send you the vid and you can here them announce my time at the end. I GOT A NEW SLIP to POST....OK the Friday after next Im gonna get a 10 sec slip! Like Scotty says....patience! Hope you guys enjoy the vid.....oh and you can delete the other two vids if ya want..

Oh here are the details:

60 footer 1.63

1/8th 7.03 at 98.65

1000 9.18

1/4 11.01 at 122.56

Terry

...then decided to spray on the tail end of first just after the launch and ran a FRICKEN 11.01!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I was rooting for you too! I was waiting to hear what happened tonight! :-D You have to get the 10 second time slip before you leave :twak: or else! :D

!M!

Terry,

WOW... can you get any closer and miss it. Damn, I know next week on the 150 shot you will kill the 11's and go 10's. Best of luck and keep the shiney side up!

Last night I went to the street races and NO I did not participate but my friend did. He has a 1974 Jensen Healy with a ZZ4 GM crate motor with a 700r4 and ford 9" in it. He really humbled a late 90's mustang with heads,cam and 2 stage nitrous 100 and 50 2nd shot. My Buddy hammered by 2 lengths.

Got to love it!

Mike