HybridZ

Getting Toyota Supra insulators for billet engine mounts

GTR-240Z

I've got the billet engine mounts Rick Wong makes for my rb-z project which require 86-87 Toyota Supra Turbo rubber insulators. So I thought it would be easy enough to get these mounts here in the UK but after speaking to some dealers in the UK it turns out we never got the Turbo model till 88. So does anybody know the part number for 86-87 Turbo insulators you can get in the US so I can then hopefully use the part numbers to purchase them special order. Or a company online that sells the insulators who is ok with shipping them outside the US.

Thanks

Darren.

• 1 month later...

Bringing this one back a bit.

I just called Toyota to order the Supra Isolaters. Holy cow! $71 each! I need to find the darn part numbers again to ensure I'm asking for the right thing? Anyone have them handy?

Bringing this one back a bit.

I just called Toyota to order the Supra Isolaters. Holy cow! $71 each! I need to find the darn part numbers again to ensure I'm asking for the right thing? Anyone have them handy?

That sounds about right for the oem ones. What I did was went online and ended up getting them form Advanced Auto Parts (if I remember right) for a lot less than oem price' date=' and they worked fine on my car...

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=1475&cat=500&page=1

Thanks guys. For some strange reason I had it in my head that they were $30 a pop. I can read the part number in your picture... I'll compare it to the one I have at work on monday. The dealership (or, as Jamie said... the stealership) were trying to sell me a bracket, too... but IIRC I only need the isolater.

• 2 weeks later...

Joel,

So I'm looking at your pictures here of the mount:

showphoto.php?photo=1154&cat=500&page=1

And I see it is crooked. Does it interfere with the drain line? I assume you ground down the mount to make it work? I had a similar, different problem with my mounts,(they are not Rick Wongs mounts)

-Bob

Bob,

The latest version of Ricks mounts are relieved (on that side of the motor) in order to clear the line. The version that Joel purchased required that material be removed to avoid contact with the oil drain/return.

Here's a picture of the new style mounts (the mount on the right has the relief):

9dd_Picture.jpg

Sorry... I know you directed the question to Joel. :)

• 3 weeks later...