HybridZ

Insurance totalled out my Z

Guest the_dj

Guest the_dj

Took hail damage two weeks ago. They gave me a good deal money-wise, and since it's hail it doesn't affect the clean title, plus they'll still keep me on the policy with full coverage!!! I'm keeping the car, and it'll be going to the body shop before the end of the month for a few things:

-Move the side mirrors to the front fenders

-Straighten panels

-Prep to kill rust

-Boxed frame rails

-Viper steel gray metallic paint with a tinge of green, but not enough green to tell that it's been dyed. Just enough to set it apart from every other shiny gray/silver car out there.

:redface:

I won't be seeing my baby for a long time. Here's what she looks like w/o hail damage. Seriously... this could be a dream come true for a die-hard Z fan for life. :twisted:

frontpassengernew.jpg

Guest the_dj
Dude' date=' that sucks it got hailed like that!

Glad the insurance co. is going to fix it. What company is that?[/quote']

State Farm. :)

Oh and if I hadn't have found that gray color, yours was my second choice as it has been forever! :shock:

Damn that sucks...I've always thought that your S30 was one of the cleanest G-nose cars out there! but hey atleast you get to keep the car and have all the body stuff done, hopefully it wont take that long to get all that stuff done.

state farm rocks BTW...

I will be getting full coverage on my 240Z in the next few months, can I ask if it was an agreed value, or appraised value? did you have to provide receipts when you made the claim......would you be willing to PM me your monthly rate?

Guest the_dj
Damn that sucks...I've always thought that your S30 was one of the cleanest G-nose cars out there! but hey atleast you get to keep the car and have all the body stuff done' date=' hopefully it wont take that long to get all that stuff done.

state farm rocks BTW...

I will be getting full coverage on my 240Z in the next few months, can I ask if it was an agreed value, or appraised value? did you have to provide receipts when you made the claim......would you be willing to PM me your monthly rate?[/quote']

Your comment really made my day. Just wanted you to know that. :) We didn't provide receipts or anything... they just marked custom work into the value of the car... wasn't near what the car is ACTUALLY worth, but it wasn't bad either. :)

For a few hundred bucks a paintless dent repair place will pop out most of the dents, which would reduce your bodyshop costs, reduce the amount of bodywork required, reduce the amount of bondo on the car and get your car back quicker. Its worth looking into.