HybridZ

Hatch Finished

EvilRufusKay

Guest tony78_280z

Damn you are makin progress. Doin alot better than me. I ran into a dry spell as in lack of $$ to continue. I supose you got a new welder.

again, Very nice

As for the latch I plan to use some sort of remote release. I plan on buying a kit for my shaved door handles and I may get an extra module for the hatch. I could also just get something from a JY, using a spring and latch system, with the latch mounted on its side. We shall see....

Thanks for the compliments guys!!

Rufus

Guest 73TPIZ

Evil,

I used the latch mech from a Grand Cherokee rear glass. It's electric so i rigged a button where the liscense light is to open. I could get you a pic if you're interested. I'm goin' to modify the hatch sys a little but keep the latch setup.

Later.

Evil' date='

I used the latch mech from a Grand Cherokee rear glass. It's electric so i rigged a button where the liscense light is to open. I could get you a pic if you're interested. I'm goin' to modify the hatch sys a little but keep the latch setup.

Later.[/quote']

That would be great! I would appreciate it!!

Rufus

Dude thats not cool looking...that is fricken brilliant!!!!!

Quite a compliment!! Thanks!!

Now maybe some air ducts on the sides venting the rear quarters...Terry

Funny you should mention that...I just cut holes in the 1/4's and made my first ever plugs for the custom vents I am making. I have to gelcoat them and do some final prep before I can make the parts, but that will be my next post. I made a plug for a wing as well cuz I wanted one that is realtively short in height and contoured to the car. I think its gonna come out cool!!

Thanks again!!

Rufus

Guest 73TPIZ

Rufus,

I finally took a pic. Sorry to take so long.

23337.jpg

I'll be changing the bracket on the glass but the latch mech will remain the same. I ran a small brace behind the plate to give it strength from flexing. My hatch is welded shut and i will try to find a way to cover the area for better looks later.

I have a latch on each side and wired to one button where the liscense plate light is. Not very anti-theft but serves its purpose for now.

later

Guest 73TPIZ

Nothing at the moment because the glass to rib adhesion is not permanent. I have a small piece of 1/2 X 2" flat bent to a small hook glued to the rear center of the glass to grab when i pop it.

Version 2 will be a 2-3" wide stainless flat stock around the entire inside perimeter using the good permanent epoxy. Then i can spring off the frame and not stress the glass.

I wish i could tint the outside of the glass somehow so the frame and hardware doesn't show up so much. I don't feel comfortable tinting the inside completetly then epoxying to that. I could paint a black border around the outside where the frame is, similar to how the newer cars have the black borders. That would probably look allright.

later.