HybridZ

260z Help

Guest maddog85

Guest maddog85

Hey Guys I Just Got A 260z And I Need A Wiring Harness For It And I Would Like To Use A Stock One Not A Paneless Wiring Kit. Also I Wanted To Know Are There A Lot 260z Out There And Should I Keep It Around? Are They Worth Some Money? Or Should I Put That 350 Chev In The Car?

Thanks For Your Help

260's are a little rare by some standards. keeping it a 260 depends on what would want to have. Entering Datsun/Nissan shows it will increase you odds of winning a trophy sine they usually have a seperate catagory for the 260.

Since you are close check out http://www.DesertZassociation.com there are a few of us Hybrids right up the street from you. We are also planning a run to your town next month, check out our events calander for the details.

260's are somewhat rare like 280Zone says but in 74, they did have the highest production numbers of all the S30's so as far as being worth anything, they are not really specail. Also correct in entering it into car shows being to your advantage being the single year of production. BUT, I would do what you want w/ the car, I AM :) I have an early 260 and I love that it has features of the 240 and 280. Kind of the FIRST hybridz ;).

Build what you want to drive, who cares what anyone else thinks. It's YOUR car!

Oh, yeah, as far as the stock harness is concerned, if you are going to go through your car at all, remove the stock harness and get a kit. It will be so much better in the long run, trust me. There are so many inherent problems with these old design harnesses. Sure there are work arounds and fixes, some may are may not be done already, but you don't know who performed the work and you don't know what other hacks have been made. Start w/ a clean slate and you'll be happy you did.

Guest maddog85

with all the in put you guys have given me i think im going to put the 350chev in it. because i have wanted to do this for a while. thanks for your help guys

Tony D says that the flat top SU's are a b**** to tune but they do not rob power if you get them tuned right.

I have only heard of one person who is gonna try to turbo SUs, and that is 1 Fast Z.

(I haven't searched though)

I would change it to EFI and probably use MegaSquirt (I'm a little biased :D). As for the head not having the injector notches, I would spend my money on a custom EFI intake or a blow through four barrel carb setup.

This is just my $0.02

Mario

I have a 260Z also. It is the most common Z here in holland. When I first went megasquirt I used the original E88 head. I just drilled a couple of extra holes so I could bolt on the injection manifold. You also have to notch the intake port for the injectors. No biggy.