HybridZ

tools you need

grumpyvette

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0735470919.1114372406@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccikaddehflfhmmcehgcemgdffmdggg.0&vertical=TOOL&pid=03493948000&tab=des#tablink

03493948000-dlv.jpg

these glasses have small but very bright lights mounted in the frames, they come in VERY handy under a car to both SEE WHAT your DOING and protect your eyes from the CRAP thats almost always falling in your eyes under a car from the frame and trans.

00944005000-dlv.jpg

Extremely strong, GearWrench meets or exceeds ANSI, DIN and Federal torque specifications

Handles long bolts and threaded rods with ease and speed

180 degree Flex action head allows GearWrench to reach the tightest places

GearWrench speed wrench moves a fastener with the speed and ease of a fine tooth ratchet

Surface Drive® box end virtually eliminates the rounding of fasteners

Set includes 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16 and 3/4 in. sizes

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00944005000

these are EXTREMELY handy in tight applications like header bolts and spark plug installation

Very nice wrenches! the metric version is on sale for $49!! gonna get me some of those, lol.

Just be aware that the ones on sale do not have pivot hinges on the ratchetting end, they are solid. I think its worth the extra $$ for the pivot...

The Gearwrench brand has either the flex heads or a straight head; the sears brand has an offset head, maybe 10 or 15 deg, which I prefer to either of the Gearwrench types. Sears sells them all.

Do they make those glasses for those of us that can't see up close any more? A set of those with 1.5 magnification lenses would be great.

I know what you mean. When I'm laying under my car looking at it, sometimes I have to jack it up higher so I can see it clearly.

.........sigh........

john

damn!!...tools I don't have yet....guess I'm off too sears! :twak:

Whaaa?!?!? You mean.. I have ratchet sockets and YOU dont?!? :lol: Like I said in the other thread, I bought them a day ago and havn't stoped using them. :) Those are by far the coolest safety glasses I've ever seen.. gota get some of those. Would have helped today while laying under the tranny trying to line things up (puting motor back in) although I'm not sure if my eyes or mouth got more crap falling off the car... :confused2

Guest 81na ZX

I've got a set of Craftsman, non-offset ones I bought 3 or 4 years ago. At that time, the only Craftsman ones were these with one size on one end and another on the other.

Lifesaver for doing the water pump pulley on my Talon! Theres barely room for a finger between the pulley and the frame...

I use a strap on LED headlamp also because I have to wear my glasses. There was a bit of glare with it but a properly placed strip of electrical tape solved that.

Offset gear wrenches, I use mine all the time. I have a straight set also, but I want the pivot model!

FWIW, I used electrical tape to block off the top third of the sheild on my motorcycle helmet. That way when riding into the sun I just have to move my head down a bit and block it out easily.