HybridZ

What all is useful off a nissan 240sx?

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z

I've got a chance to score some parts off a complete early 90's 240sx, i'm already grabbing the throttle bodie and a few inches of wire/plug from it... what else would be good to grab from this car? i'm still learning the ropes on what all is swappable/intercompatible.

Guest 73Turbo240z

anyone have info on what it takes to bolt up that 5 speed gearbox? i wouldn't mind having a 5th gear...

also whats the deal w/ the rear brakes, the stockers are drums, so i know it's not a bolt on and go affair... must need some special brackets fabbed or somthing...

Guest 73Turbo240z
do a search in the drivetrain section, myself and at least one other person have written about what we did to make the swap

did so, got news about a guy in california machining bell housings from a Z to fit a 240sx 5spd... $100 + $225 machining + another $100 at least each way for shipping to and from texas, that's $500 into a freaking KA trans... which at that rate makes hunting down a turbo t5 cheaper, easier, quicker.

Well I work in a machine shop, and I did my own. :) Although for swaping a bearing, milling a bit out of the back side (of bellhousing) and drilling out a shift rod hole.. $225 seams a bit steap.. It's in the car, but I'm not on the road yet so I can't give any feedback as to how well it works.

did so, got news about a guy in california machining bell housings from a Z to fit a 240sx 5spd... $100 + $225 machining + another $100 at least each way for shipping to and from texas, that's $500 into a freaking KA trans... which at that rate makes hunting down a turbo t5 cheaper, easier, quicker.

There are plenty of junkyards in houston where there are always a few z cars to pull tranny's from, If you would be happy with a 280zx transmission... bolt on and go for ~$60

-Oliver

Yeah, the pricing sucks if you have to ship the trans out. The place that does this is three miles from my house so its way cheaper. Its getting scary over here, z cars are appearing in the junkyard with transmissions from a previous junkyard purchase, they are starting to get a little scarce....