HybridZ

got my rb25 need help with parts

hellraiser

i got my rb25det bone dry, its going into my '71 240z. i'm planing on upgrading all of the accessories, can u guys help me find parts that will take the motor to about 400-450 hp. i need the following things:turbo,manifolds,air flo meter,intercooler and all the piping,exhaust,tranny and support members,wiring harness, pretty much everything one would need for the swap and performance. i also read in this forum that the motor will create so much torque that i should get a cage fitted to the car is this acurate. the floor and rails on my car seem pretty straight right now.

i got my rb25det bone dry, its going into my '71 240z. i'm planing on upgrading all of the accessories, can u guys help me find parts that will take the motor to about 400-450 hp. i need the following things:turbo,manifolds,air flo meter,intercooler and all the piping,exhaust,tranny and support members,wiring harness, pretty much everything one would need for the swap and performance. i also read in this forum that the motor will create so much torque that i should get a cage fitted to the car is this acurate. the floor and rails on my car seem pretty straight right now.

I live in Orange County in Westminster not too far from you. I can get you a lot of parts at a good deal (wholesale and no tax). quoc@livesockets.com aim="apt107xquoc"

Now that I think about it, you just bought that longblock on Ebay for $660 didn't you?

yes i did, the shop i got it from does alot of high end turbo work, but right now im in the beguining stage of my new monster. someone stated i will need a cage that will go form motor to rear, and the funds are low so im buying for the motor while the car gets the work it needs . if you know of someone who does this kind of work that info would be very helpful

I wouldn't worry about a cage if it is the torque you are concerned about. RB's don't exactly lay down massive torque numbers. But, if you plan on going fast, a 6-10pt cage may be a good idea anyway and required at most tracks once you break certain ET's.

JT

Cool... another SoCal RB'er. I'm moving to Long Beach this weekend (from Ontario).

I'm like 10 minutes away from LB and know plenty of Z guys in the area...NICE! Gotta get your contact. Oh yeah, I gotta lift at my house...wanna make use of it YOU LET ME KNOW!

I don't think you can do this, but check with Stony and such...they have more knowledge than I do

The 26 head is a direct replacement for the 25. So is the RA. There are lots of people that do swaps like this in Japan when putting a 26 in a RWD car that previously had an RB. 25 block and oil pan with 26 head and internals. I don't because I like the rigidity of the aluminum pan and 26 pan rail.