HybridZ

Best Resto Investment

EvilRufusKay

Question guys,

I am looking for a project that I can make some dough on. I am building the Z but that will be drivable within the next 6 mos. or so and I want to start looking for the next project. Although I love all kinds of cars I am specifically looking for something that would be an easy sell. I have been searching google etc... and what I have learned so far is what I already knew.

"It is worth what someone is willing top pay for it."

That said I figure there have to be some trends that the people with money are willing to follow, i.e. custom choppers and the like. I however want to do a resto / modification similar to the Z but perhaps sellable to a wider audience.

So, old vettes/ mustangs/ etc.. are plentiful, parts are relatively cheap, and widley sought after. However, as I go through the classifieds, and JY's I want to keep my eye out for something special.

Any thoughts?

I know there is this big thing the kids call "drifting" or something like that. How about cars that the kids of people with money are looking for?

Those of you that are not kids but are into drifting no offense meant, just having some fun! :twisted:

Waddaya think?

Rufus

240sxs are a good one. There are plenty out there and they are currently going for way more than kelly blue book prices. People that dont race at all are selling their commuter 240sx cars with captions like: "great for an SR, awesome car for a drift project" its just ugly. If you have the ability to set up a paint booth at home, basket case cars still go cheap and clean cars are going for 3-4k+ depending on mileage. My buddy sold his with check engine lights, a lot of drift induced bumper and fender rash, getting like 10-12mpg running rich as heck, with a stripped interior and bone stock engine and suspension for like 2500.00, he paid 400.00 for the car out the auction...

People use to give these cars away, I wish I was in the market for another one back then.. dangit. Even worse are the ae86 toyotas, they go for big bucks when they dont even run!!! These are GOLD to the toyota drift crowd, the hatchback version sells FAST..

If you want to do a modified car I would think that the drift car or ricer type car would be your best bet.

If you want to do a restoration for resale, I would think that something like an Austin Healy 3000, Datsun roadster or Triumph TR6 would be a good choice. Something small and easy to work on with a pretty high selling price. Otherwise an american muscle car is always a good bet if you can find a good deal.