HybridZ

More buy/sell scamming

Tim240z

From my advert to sell the V8 from the truck, I just received this email, and here is my response:

His email:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: May 11, 2005 8:54 AM

To: tp2txh@earthlink.net

Subject: nterested in buying your item----------SBC 350ci/TH350.4bolt main 010 block, vortec heads, upgraded valve springs,L98 cam,RPM Perf intake, 750DP.Less 5k miles on rebuild.Put a FI L31 in truck. $1,900

Am an automobile agent based in Chicago ,one of my client has just recently placed a quote on your type of item,he informed me that the payment will be emmited through a cashiers check.is the price you listed for the item firm?In order to conclude the deal as soon as possible, the cashiers check that will be sent to you will include the money for the sales of your item and the shippers fees for organising a home pick up service from your home down to london the client origin.You do not need to worry as my shipping company will come to pick the item up from your base for shipment to london What I want to clarify is that will you be able to send the shipping charges to the shipping agent. through Western Union Money Transfer method as soon as you get and cash the check and you deduct the money for the sales of your item?If you agree to assist in this capacity , send your full name,your address and phone numbers. Thanks.

My response:

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest you crotch!

Hey Tim,

I have had 2 scammers try this trick on me with a car i am selling as well, my response to the last was in the biggest font i could fit on the screen & bold "F___ OFF SCAMMER" i thought i would go with the good old plain & simple message. :)

I bet their are people that do fall for this, some people (like my mother) are just too trusting!