HybridZ

New airdam, for now

Owen

Forgot to update y'all on my new air dam.

Not sanded yet...and it didn't quite come out the way I wanted to. Maybe one day when I have time again I will re-do it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/v8z/zcar/myv8z-05-04-23msa-69.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/v8z/zcar/myv8z-05-04-23msa-64.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/v8z/zcar/myv8z-05-04-23msa-63.jpg

Owen

• Like 1

He Owen i love that Z!!!! love your hood, i was thinking of making something similar on my ZXT hood, if you dont mind, but is that custom fabrication or existing vents?

and how does it clear your engine

You car rocks!

Frank

I saw those pictures in the MSA albums and was wondering where you picked up the piece, is it the same one that the company in europe made for a short time?
I think this is another "Owen Special", that he designed and built himself (the same with the hood).

I saw those pictures in the MSA albums and was wondering where you picked up the piece, is it the same one that the company in europe made for a short time?

As answered already, the airdam is a custom piece I built. I thought about making another design and offering it for sale, but anyone who knows me, knows I don't have the time!

Owen

He Owen i love that Z!!!! love your hood' date=' i was thinking of making something similar on my ZXT hood, if you dont mind, but is that custom fabrication or existing vents?

and how does it clear your engine

You car rocks!

Frank[/quote']

Thanks! Engine clearance is perfect, the strut tower bar clearance needed a little work because of the ducts, but nothing major. Plus I wanted a little of the insides to show thru the ducts when the hood was closed.

Owen

GIMME!!! GIMMEGIMME GIMMEGIMMEGIMME!!!!! That looks awesome' date=' and unique!!! How much do you want for it??? :) Once again looks, good.

Tyson[/quote']

If I ever make a new one, this one will go up for sale:-)

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Owen

Yep, Ol' Owen did a great job of fabricating the custom hood vents and dam. Even the shameless plugs for HybridZ on the front bumper look good!

Gotta represent! Thing is, I thought I had a bunch of stickers, but was wrong. So I printed out the logos on clear sheet used for those overhead projector-presentations and then cut them out:-)

Mainly, it was the bad paint job I was trying to cover up. I used the Mirrachrome stuff from Alsa corp. and the chrome was ok but the clear they provide, man, that stuff dries as soon as it hits the air!

Kinda hard to see in the pix, but I cut ovals in the corners of the bumper and added some clear lenses and LEDs. 9 superbrite LEDs aren't very bright at all! The ends of the bumper aren't mounted yet, that's why it looks crooked.

Owen

That looks Bad A$$! You should do a short write up on how you made that, as I'm sure there are a lot of other guys on here that would love to design and fab up their own parts like that (Me included). Any chance you could post some "in progress" pics?

Mike