HybridZ

OK Ivan... ZG's and new shoes!!

OK Ivan, you busted on the factory steel wheels in my engine shots, so I has to get the new ones on the car. Anyway, just finished installing the flares and test fitted Speeder's (Rick), now mine :-) , old 16" HRE's.

I must say that they fill the ZG's nicely.

Link to my photo album...

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7981

OK Ivan... friends it is then :-)

The wheels are 16x8 I believe, but have some crazy 3.5" backspacing so that they would clear the springs w/o going to coilovers... perhaps Rick (Speeder) will chime in w/ more info...

Hey, I changed my mind and want them back! .....J/K.

Rears are 8.5X16, 1.5" negative offset or 3.25" backspace.

Fronts 7.5X16 -1.5" offset or 2.75" backspace.

Definitely not your off-the-shelf item, and out of production for 10 years or so.

They look sweet on your ride, Mike.

Mike, that just looks plain sic. It is going to be one mean ride for sure. One question.. when you put the ZG's on did you cut away the body under them? when I do my 5 lug conversion I would like to go with ZG's. I am fitting 16x8s in the rear and 16x7s up front there conquest wheels. just wanted to see if I could see some pics if you cut the body away. thanks..

Yep, I cut the body away. I took some pics of the rears, but have run out of room in my little photo album here. I really need to get some web space of my own... The rears were cut, a 5/16' rod was bent to the contour of the wheel arch and welded in place between the inner and outer panels. i think it helped dissipate the heat of just welding the 2 panels to each other, since I had it all done AFTER I painted the car... grrrrr

I am going for the "looks good from 50 feet away, at 50 mph" look. It really needs a better paint job someday, but it is no show car anyway... I just plan on driving, racing and enjoying it :-)