HybridZ

I need to come up with a spare tire solution as I am taking my Z on a long road trip in July. I am using the standard 4 lug Datsun Z bolt pattern but have a big brake kit on the front and disc conversion in the rear. I am using 17 in wheels now and might be able to get away with a 16 in wheel on the front as a spare.

Any thoughts on a space saving spare?

Thanks,

Rusty

I got the Cell Phone & AAA - Thanks

The Datsun space saver rim will not clear the calipers. I am looking for someone who knows what other brand on space saver would match up on the lug patten with a rim that is large enough to clear the caliper.

Thanks,

Rusty

I got the Cell Phone & AAA - Thanks

The Datsun space saver rim will not clear the calipers. I am looking for someone who knows what other brand on space saver would match up on the lug patten with a rim that is large enough to clear the caliper.

Thanks' date='

Rusty[/quote']

That is where the spacer comes in. May even try mounting the spare backwards

Do all the above, AAA , Flat tire kit/with portable air compressor and as a last resort try and locate a salvage yard that has some Ford mustang 4 lug bolt pattern wheels or spare tires. This is and option i found on thread on a another z site when you have no space saver tire at all. In that same thread, it was also indicated that some British cars, MG, Triumph complete wheel will work as a spare, this I am not sure of. But, the Ford 4 lug seems plausible.