HybridZ

SoCal BBQ 'n' Beer - Sat June 25th

Tim240z

I'm getting tired of showing up to events without my Z:toetap05: . It's getting close, but it doesn't look like it will be ready for the trip.

I'll try to swing by anyway...at least this time the host doesn't have a running Z either:icon53: .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim: Cannot fully commit at this point. Work schedules are not posted yet. However, "Blue Flu" outbreaks have been known to strike at any time...especially, during the summer months...on weekends...when the weathers hot...the beer is cold...and the women...well, we'll just leave it a that! LAMO----> VAN

Guest RunninOnEmpty

Tim, its a work day for me. I can't do the "blue flu" thing but plan to get by for a few minutes to meet some of the people. I don't need a map but will need the address. Oh, since its a work day it'll be the cop car again instead of the Z car. Sorry bout that.:)

John

Guest bastaad525

I hope it's okay for me to ask this, not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but I'm VERY curious...

How many of you will be bringing your Z's? More importantly, WHO in particular will be... there's a few of you guys' cars I'd REALLY like to see up close (I'm lookin at you Turbo Meister and SR240Z!!). Conversely you guys are probably gonna shame me and my ugly jalopy (LOL how the heck DO you spell that anyways???). But I love that damn and would bring it either way :D

I'd love to be there but it's a work night for me and my wife as well, we'll have to give up our sleep for the day but if there's gonna be some really fast Z's there it'll be worth it for me :D

How many of you will be bringing your Z's? More importantly, WHO in particular will be... there's a few of you guys' cars I'd REALLY like to see up close (I'm lookin at you Turbo Meister and SR240Z!!).

We'll be there with the SR20 powered 240z and the L28et powered 240z as well. Maybe our shop partner with his SR20 powered 240sx as well if it gets painted in time....

Guest tony78_280z

*sigh* Alas, I live too far into the midwest to make this prestigious event on such short notice. Maybe one day I'll host my own event. :rockon:

10 x 10 = 100.... 10 table with 10 chairs should seat 96 people and 4 others. I keep going over the math and I give up. How come ya need 11 tables with 10 chairs to get 96 people to sit down?

Guest bastaad525
This is a social gathering, not a Z car show.......

Sorry Tim but... it's a social gathering of Hybrid Z guys so... can't help but expect at least a few impressive Z's to show :D Or hey none of you bring your Z's and I'll show up with mine and get the pleasure of being the fastest Hybrid Z there :P

Turbo Meister - I don't blame you... I dont' think ANY of us actually WANTS to drive our Z's anywhere around here. Yours is still the Z I've been the most wowed by since I've been a member here so it's a darn shame I won't get to see it in person, but again, I can't blame you one bit, if it was mine I'd leave it home too.

SR240Z - well cool I've been wanting to see an SR240 for a long time as well. A local friend of mine was going to go that route but ended up loving the L28ET and decided that was good enough... sucks because he promised me a ride once finished but oh well :P I'd still like to see one up close... is this the one that was in that import magazine? The silver one? That's one VERY clean Z!!

Anyways... not even sure I'll even be able to go :( hoping I can work something out with my work and sleep schedule.

Tim - did you get my PM about the food?

Guest bastaad525
yes.....

It's a BBQ :toetap05::icon52: ....... The food will be compatable..... :-D

SR240Z' date='

Please let me know how many 'guests' you plan to bring....[/quote']

well I was wondering specifically about what sauce you'd be using... sorry I'm making a big deal about it :( REALLY sticking with it this time you know what I mean?

My Z said it doesn't want to drive to L.A.

"Something about TRAFFIC and POTHOLES".

But I'll be there and I'll bring my Race DVD. That is if TIM has a dvd player. Didn't he say he doesn't watch much TV?

Hanns

I bought a new just for the occasion, Hanns!!

Guest bastaad525

hey Tim am I too late? I was thinking of swinging by for a little bit tommorow. Just got new brakes + calipers in the Z and need to break the new pads in so could use a long drive. Plus my wife has some place to be tommorow so I figure... I could forfeit some sleep to hang out with some Z guys for a bit. I know I didn't RSVP in time for you to cover me as far as supplies are concerned, no biggy I'll pick up lunch before I go. I'd just like to hang out with some Z guys for a bit.

Anyways, hopefully you get the PM, I can't find your phone number, and need directions again if I'm to go. PM or email me with your number and/or directions, and I'll TRY to make it. My email is bast525@hotmail.com