HybridZ

Where to Buy an RB

DO NOT BUY FROM FLASHOPTIONS. Scam artists from Malaysia. BAD BAD BAD.

I'd stay away from Venus as well, they tend to give the good engines to big-name shops and West-Coasters, everyone else gets a bit of the shaft...

Since you're in VA, call Japan Direct in Durham. A friend of mine (Jerry) works there... they are a tad pricier than some places but they rarely get a bad engine and they go out of their way for the customer. I wish I had spent the extra dough and ordered my SR from them instead of getting a Venus engine from another NC shop, I ended up spending more in the long run because I had to buy a replacement longblock :x

Guest bastaad525

Does Soko carry RB's? they are a really good company for getting JDM engines... never checked on RB's but I know they can get SR20DE's (non turbo, for my 91 Sentra SE-R) for like $300. You should check them out I've heard nothing but good things about them from the SE-R crowd.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mike_D240

Hey savageskater,

Try these guys:

www.jgycustoms.com . They are even located in VA. They sell RB25s enginesets for $2900. I emailed them and asked them what they would charge for an RB swap into a 1stgen Z and they told me that it would be comparable to the SR install into an S13 price. Check them out. When I get the suspension/brakes/bodywork done and am ready for the engine install, I will be taking it to them to install the RB. I'd love to do all the engine swap work myself but doing extensive fab work is beyond my available facilities and expertise at the moment. Plus, their prices are pretty damn good to pass up.

And if you are looking at doing a V8 swap, keep in mind that it's also about as pricey as an RB swap.

True, but you can get performance and replacement parts for a domestic V8 a lot easier and cheaper than you can get RB parts...

That has to be figured into the equation. Don't get me wrong, I'll be starting an RB swap next year once my current projects are completed. I'm budgeting about $20k for the entire job including a complete re-paint of my '72 rolling chassis. If things go like they have on my other projects, it'll probably end up closer to $25k... if I'm lucky...

• 2 weeks later...
Hey savageskater' date='

Try these guys:

www.jgycustoms.com . They are even located in VA. They sell RB25s enginesets for $2900. I emailed them and asked them what they would charge for an RB swap into a 1stgen Z and they told me that it would be comparable to the SR install into an S13 price. Check them out. When I get the suspension/brakes/bodywork done and am ready for the engine install, I will be taking it to them to install the RB. I'd love to do all the engine swap work myself but doing extensive fab work is beyond my available facilities and expertise at the moment. Plus, their prices are pretty damn good to pass up.

And if you are looking at doing a V8 swap, keep in mind that it's also about as pricey as an RB swap.

Not only that, they got good prices. I got my Fidanza flywheel from them for a good price for my RB.

I just bought my RB25 about a month ago from a guy in Miami. I paid $1600 with tranny and turbo. The wire harness was cut but I have a guy making a new one and I am planning on running the AEM computer instead of the stock ECU. His phone number is 786-286-5302. I know he also had an RB26DETT at the time. I picked mine up so I don't know how much to ship, but Miami is always a fun place to visit more a few days.

• 2 years later...

buying clip to sell stuff later sucks to get money back... don't learn it the hard way.

You don't need the whole clip. And don't buy anything that is overseas unless you met them in person, know them...

I recommend you talk with Karim,r390sports@sbcglobal.net , he has been around the block several times to know how to get import parts. He is also a USA based business. You are assured he has to practice proper business for you money.

As far a testimonies go.. Karim gives you the best.. if he says you will have 160 psi per cylinder.. you will get that...if he orders it.. and checks it fails.. he will still try to sell to you but discounted.. or he will look for another...

say you want a r33 motor not r32... you get an r33... (unlike most other companys that gives you a r32.. and i doubt the other companies can tell the difference between the two at first glance)

Keep in mind if he has to order it from his people from japan.. it will take time.

i was going to order with karim myself, but i found a local RB26 to me that i know has ran good in a car so i couldnt beat that deal...if that deal wouldnt of popped up i was ready to invest me money with karim because i have yet to hear one bad thing said about him or his motors...from what i have seen/heard, they are top notch and the guy is a great guy to deal with, he is extremely fast in responding to any questions you might have

Just got my RB25DET engine / manual trans package from Karim,r390sports@sbcglobal.net today, SO clean, GOOD condition:-) AND this engine have traveled JP-US-Norway-WAY up north in Norway... Undamaged:-)

When I first made contact I asked for a price qoute R33 RB25DET engine / man trans package, got answer 2900$ series 1... What did I get? LATE series 2! :-) I'm very pleased with this deal:-)

Karim also kept me informed all the way. I have found an engine for you. Engine leaving Japan (with pictures). Engine arrived US. Engine leaving US (with pictures). Always giving advice: to avoid delays, check if shipping agency / customs your side has all needed papers etc etc

What I'm trying to say is: If I ever need another engine, I'll buy from Karim! Nice price (considering the testing they do to the engines BEFORE shipping them), great SERVICE!

Thanx, Karim! for putting me 1 step closer to 240zRB!